LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Padma (free lancer)     02 December 2010

rewrite irrevocable settlement deed

My mother aged 61 years (through power of attorney to her son) and my only brother aged 34 years together executed an irrevocable settlement deed in favour of my mother's minor grandson and my brother's son aged 5 years retaining settlor's individual life interest. Unfortunately my brother of late has become mentally imbalanced. My brother's in-laws (particularly his wife's two brothers)are now threatening to dispose of the property by taking undue advantage of his mental illness. We want the minor son to enjoy the property and not dispose it. We are also not in favour of disposing the property and depositing the white money in bank/court while the black money will be cornered by the wicked designs of my brother's in-laws. We also fear that my brother will be chased out of their house without shelter and food once the deal is over and his minor son will also be deprived of the same. Kindly advice as to how the property can be protected. Is it possible to rewrite the settlement deed with some clauses which will protect the property for the child. Presently, the child is under the wife's custody and she is staying in her mother's place. The property is situated in chennai city. Please help us.

Learning

2 Replies

Viswanath (Student)     02 December 2010

Kindly clarify to whom the Power of Attorney was given by the mother by whom the property was settled in favour of minor son of your brother

Padma (free lancer)     09 April 2011

my mother gave power of attorney to my only brother. my brother executed an irrevocable settlement deed in favour of his only minor son aged 5 years retaining his and my mother's life interest. my father is no more. me and my only brother are the two children  of my mother. and the property is my paternal grandmothers property. please let me know if it is possible to cancel the irrevocable settlement deed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register