Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Renew pasport when 498a is pending

Hi  All

My Paspoer has been expired, now i want to renew it, but i have doubts, how to renew it, since i have a 498A filed on me, a year ago. can any one explain the procedure.

Regards

Satish

Learning

9 Replies

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     22 February 2012

You will need to make a application where the 498A is pending and magistrate will grant permission for one year basis that permission the passport would be renewed for one year.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     26 February 2012

1. You would need to apply for and get NoC

2. You would need to attach the said NoC with the passport application.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

AYAN (SR. SUPERVISOR)     26 February 2012

I have rennewd my passport when my 498a was pending in kolkata. it was done just like the same way  i have done it for the first time.  never felt there is any connection in between

AYAN (SR. SUPERVISOR)     26 February 2012

any plz do use some common and practical sense.

stanley (Freedom)     21 March 2012

The police have the power to seize under sec 102 CrPC and the Court under sec 104 CrPC. 
However that seizure must be temporary per se. A prolonged seizure becomes impounding - means held with an authority who will not release without an order. If your passport has not been seized than just go ahead the normal way as advised by Ayan or else if it has been seized than you have to go ahead with Sanjeev and Shonee's way 

Gaurav (PQRS)     29 March 2012

Dear Satish, Aryan and Stanley are right. If your passport is not seized then go norwal way. No need for NOC.

If your case is running in the same city where you would like to apply for passport renewal, then you need to handle police clearance smartly. In case you are staying in different city than 498a case city then it would be renewed without trouble by filing normal way.

Gaurav (PQRS)     29 March 2012

(Guest)

On which provision court will grant permission of said request application. Where is provision in Cr.pc- Please explain.

(Guest)

Dear satish

Get the passport application form & fill it - disclose all about your pending case in application. 498 IPC is not henious offence against public so Passport officer can't  ban to renew passport.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register