LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek Mawle (x)     28 January 2011

Relief against Bank

I am trying to obtain working capital loan from the State Bank of India, I am being denied the loan although I am reasonably qualified, and I hold a bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering. I approached State Bank of India, Small and Medium Enterprise cell. They after making e spend nearly 15,000/- and six months time denied my loan. My chartered accountant is convinced that our business plan is reliable and sustainable but the Bank officers are not but it is somehow strange that the same bank gave 600 crores to Harshad Mehta to artificially inflate stock market, gave 8000 crores against 2g licenses bought for 1650 crores, funded 4200 Crore Tata motors back door bail out by flouting norms and also funded Maytas the infamous arm of erstwhile Satyam now known as Mahindra Satyam. My question is can I go to court and ask the court to direct the bank to sanction the loan based on the chartered accountants assessment.

Learning

2 Replies

sanjay kumar (BE/ LLM in Corporate Laws)     28 January 2011

I dont think Courts will interfere in this matter.

Courts cannot comment upon internal rules & regulations of a company.

Disbursement of loan is an internal matter of the Bank and I dont think Courts can have a say in that.

M.S.Bhalerao (advocate)     28 January 2011

Mr.Abhishek,

If  you have paid Rs 15000 to SBI, then you are a customer of the Bank and you can approach the Dist. Consumer forum. However first you approach the controlling authorities of the Bank and address a repesentation to the CMD of the Bank giving full details so that SBI authorities will look into the viability of the project.SME is a pririty lending sector.

good luck

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register