Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rao (employee)     22 November 2008

Registration in Bar Council and Career in Law

Hi,

I have done my LLB from A.P recently, but not yet registered in Bar council.

Presently I'm doing a Job and earning good salary based on my degree. By doing the job, Can I register in Bar council and do practice on part time basis.? If I join under a senior advocate I may not get the pay which I'm getting now. But to know the procedures and other income I want to enroll it. Is it possible?

Also what are the other career options available to me . Is practice experience mandatory to write judicial exams? Can I write judicial exams of other states also? Where do I get judicial exams notifications? in news papers or websites?

What are the options available in Campanies for freshers as legal officers?Are there any good LPOs available in Hyderabad or any where?

Thanks and Regards,

Rao

Learning

11 Replies

M. PIRAVI PERUMAL (Advocate & Consumer Rights)     22 November 2008

Hi, You cannot enrol as an advocate on part time basis or while you are employed in a private company.  Its true that as an advocate you cannot intially earn that much as you get salary in a private company.   It will take some time for setting up lucrative practice. You are now a law graduate, you have to enrol get Bar experience to write exams for writing judicial postings.  You cannot  travel in two boats at a same that is my working in private job and practice as an advocate.  ONLY THOSE BECOME ADVOCATE BY CHOICE HAD SUCCEEDED NOT THOSE WHO BECOME ADVOCATE BY CHANCE,.

Tribhuwan Pandey (Advocate)     26 November 2008

I am quite agreed with Mr. m. piravi perumal .

further if you are not barred by age you may appear civil judge examination of any state, its qualification is LL.B. but you are doing job you need NOC from your employer.

sunny (lawyer)     27 November 2008

i am also fully agreed with piravi perumal sir that;s a great opinion.

Rao (employee)     29 November 2008

Thanks for your replies.

May I know the age limit for judicial examinations?

Also If I join in a legal firm what will be the approximate salary that they offer in metropolitan cities ?

Thanks in Advance,

Rao

UMA DEVI MADASANI (INCHARGE IPR DEPARTMENT & HR DEPARTMENT: CS (Executive) student)     30 November 2008

Hi

age limit for exams

Junior civil judges:   32 years      -  3 years standing at bar

District Judges      :   45 years      -  7 years standing at bar

Rao (employee)     19 January 2009

Hi,

Is it true that the Andhra govt. extended the upper age limit for O.C candidates for 4 years of APPSC exams as well as judicial exams?

Will there be a age limit for legal officers posts?

Thanks,

Rao

amitkaur (n.a)     07 February 2009

IF ONE WTS TO APPEAR IN CIVIL JUDGE EXAMS WTS THE PROCDURE  AND WHEN CONDUCTED

Rao (employee)     07 February 2009

There is a notification for civil judges for A.P. which is available in A.P high court website. You need to attend the exam and interview. Age limit 35 yrs and just llb degree is sufficient to attend to the exam.

Rao

harshal chauhan (law student)     09 February 2009

hi

i have a doubt with d reply given by mr M. Piravi as i have heard sumwhere

that u cannot do any job wid bar council membership, as i m doin internship at c g high court i got to know this tht no one can do both d things together

for example - u cannot practice as a C.S n also give standing in court

plz reply....

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     14 February 2009

If you are brilliant, sky is the limit. 

Dr. Imran Ahmad, MOZA (Chief of Jurists (Suprime Court of Khuda Rabbul Izzat London))     26 February 2010

What is the qualification limit for registration at Bar Council in India. How Juris Doctorates Degree holders are handled in Delhi's Bar Council. I need this information for myself. Where to go and whom to contact..

Imran

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register