LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shashank (Accounts Executive)     16 February 2010

Registration

Is the development agreement between Owner & Builder needs to be registered? What are the drawbacks to the buyer of the flat owner, if is not registered ?

if the same agreement if notrial then it is ok?

Learning

4 Replies

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     17 February 2010

The agreement will be not be admissible in a court of law in case of dispute unless it is a registered document.

Preeti Wadhawan (CS & Legal Manager)     17 February 2010

Hi Anil, As i understand, the court may allow payment of stamp duty alongwith penalty if the document is not adequately stamped and presented to court. Please correct if my understanding is incorrect. Regards, Preeti

ravi chander d j (Consultant)     23 February 2010

It will be better to get the joint development agreement between the owner and the developer ( I presume that it is the document  referred in the query) be registered.  If it is not registered, then the same may not be admitted in the court if there is any litigation.  In case the same need to be admitted, then at the time of admission, the required stamp duty may be paid together with penalty and can be admitted.  Mere notirising, is not sufficient.

bhavya nanda (Proprietor)     24 February 2010

I am a tenant of a floor. My landlord says to vacate the premises or increase the rent. I am owner of the floor since last seven years. I am always send a cheque of rent on time. After a year I increase the rent with the mutual understanding with the owner. Now, the owner says to vacate the premises or double the rent. I not made a rent deed. What should I do.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register