Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj Shah (Owner)     10 August 2011

Regarding: the copyright issue

Dear Seniors,

If I want to publish a book online but the issue i am facing is that if I publish it online and if more than one users read it then it would copyright infringement. Now how do I overcome this issue. Now, one more question if I have a library can I publish my books of library online? Will it be issue of Copyright infrigement?

Looking forward for prompt and positive response. Thanking everyone in advance.

Regards,

Raj Shah

Learning

7 Replies

Nagaraja B S (Corporate Commercial & IP Lawyer)     13 August 2011

Dear Raj,

We can help you for the copyright registration. If anybody does copyright infringement, you can take legal action for those.

For more details, contact

Nagaraj

IP & Business Lawyer

IP Lex Global Services

Email: nagaraja_bs@iplexglobal.in

Mob: 9902007635

Chirag Bhatt (Lawyer Gujarat High Court)     13 August 2011

1) Mere reading of books is not copy right.

2) Are all the books of your your library written by you ? , if not, you can NOT publish them without taking permission of the authers of the said books.

Atul D Suryavanshi (Attorney - JC Law Firm)     25 September 2011

Dear Raj,

1. Just reading a book online does not overtact Copyright violation. As you are publishing your book online, you are inviting people on public domain to read you book. Unless anybody copy and used your work for commercial purpose, it will not be copyright violation.

2. You can claim Copyright only on those work which are your own intellectual and you have obtained Copyright over it.

3. If the liabrary you wish to publish online is your own work then only you can do,otherwise may may be prosecuted for violation others Copyright.

it is always advisable to get your work protected by way of Copyright Registration. 

We would like to assits you to get your work registered at very reasonable market rate.

Regards,

Atul Suryavanshi

IPR-Attorney

JC Law Firm

Email: atul@justacausa.in

Mobile - 09923552956

Legal Maximus ( IP & Back office legal support and documents)     25 September 2011

Dear Raj,

If you have any further clarification post your queries on admin@legalmaximus.com.

Regards

Legalmaximus

(Guest)

Note: The moment you type the first letter on your computer for online or even offline stuff ,the work gets copyrighted in your name. You just have to register it for formality sake plus non duplication if someone simultaneously or later. No one will read your work online. Talk to Blythe Camenson at bcamenson@aol.com of fictionwriters.com

Dr Katta Venkata Rama Krishna (Retd Sr Director Govt of India/ Advocate)     15 December 2015

1. Published means for public view in no way infringement of Copyright unless reproduced in full or part thereof.

2. Do you hv library of your original works or ancestors.  Is the purpose of digitization to place online free of cost to pass on the rich treasure of knowledge to the posterity?.

3. If others, digitization and placing online has to be done by following Copyright Act.  Any violation tantamounts to infringement. Seek advice on facts. No ifs and buts.

4.  If its a public service, find out any neareast digitization project of Government of India in your area who scan, crop on high ended scanners like Minolta 8000 or so where the image is of high quality.  Since its costly such works are undertaken by GOI projects free of cost subject to Copyrights.

Archit Agarwal   07 September 2017

If you are publishing books online than it will not infringe any Copyright until or unless that book is written by you. If you are publishing someone else book under your Name than that is a Copyright Infringement. It will not matter that how many people are reading that book. It will be a Copyright Infringement

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register