Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Rectificaiton in land registered document


My mother has gifted the land to me. after 6 months i found that the plot # is wrongly typed.

instead of # 17 it is typed # 16.

This is a gift from my mother.

Could you please let me know the process of correcting or rectifying  the number ?







Dear hayat

At any point of time if a mistake is found out, rectification deed can be executed if the executant and claimant or there. On Rs. 100/- Stamp rectification deed shall be registered. 



While executing property documents, there are chances that some mistakes may occur. This can happen in the process of execution of the documents. It is always advisable to get these mistakes rectified at the earliest, otherwise they may create major problems at a later stage. The errors may relate to the name of the parties, their address, area of the property, dimension, location, survey number of the property, or the consideration amount.



There can be typing errors or errors because of improper comparison with the property documents like the transfer deed, sale deed, title deeds and revenue records. These errors can be rectified by the execution of a supplementary document called correction deed or rectification deed.



The parties need to get the corrections into a duly executed document. Further, they need to pay the requisite stamp duty in order to get it registered with the specified authority.



 For mistakes like spelling mistakes, the stamp duty and registration charges are Rs 100 each.

 In case the rectification deed relates to the area, names of the parties or the extent of the property, the stamp duty and registration charges as applicable to the conveyance deed are payable. In case some of the parties to the agreement do not agree to such an amendment or rectification, the other party may file a suit before a court under Section 26 of the Specific Relief Act 1963.


Thanks Kushan,.

The registrar is demadnding to make a fresh deed by paying the stanmp duty and registration charges, just for a single number change.where the property is same and have a mother document of the transfered document.

Could you please clarify the below things :

is there any difference in normal sale deed and the gift deed  documents for making corrections?

Is there any thing like we cannnot make corrections in the gift deed documents according to law ?

on what corrections exactly we need to make a fresh deed ?






Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x