LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Simar (na)     21 January 2012

Recording police calls

Is recording calls received from police guys legal ? When police guys call pressurising you to agree to terms and conditions of the other party, will it help to record such calls ? Can they be used as evidence in court ?

Regards,

Simar

Learning

4 Replies

CS Sandip (ILO)     21 January 2012

Recording calls are the Best Evidence under Information Technology Act, 2000.

It creates Electronic Record :

“electronic record” means electronic record as defined under clause (t) of section 2 of the Information Technology Act, 2000;

1 Like

Simar (na)     21 January 2012

Sandip Ji,

Thanks for your reply. I have another question. I have read on some of the threads on this forum that the recording should be on the original chip. I don't know what that means. Not sure how other people record calls but we were thinking of putting the call on speaker and then using another mobile to record the audio of the conversation. Can we produce the mobile on which the call is recorded in court (for evidence) ?

CS Sandip (ILO)     21 January 2012

Simar,

Generally it is recorded on the same mobile on which the police calling to you. But doesn't matter you have to prove at your end. Go ahead and provide in the court of law without prejudice. It will help you definately.

AS well as lodge one complaint to Police Station agaist them "harrassing you by calling on mobile again and again & you get disturbed from their act and cn't concentrate in your work, life, family etc."

It will turned your "monetary loss as well due to harrassmt."

Pray to court "Give me Justice".

(Guest)

If you need help in recording cell phone, telephone calls in a manner that will be acceptable in court, please PM me. 

I will not provide any help for illegal activities. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register