Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ruchi (HR Manager)     10 March 2009

Registered office address on Apt. Letter

Hi,

my company is registered in Rohtak and having the regional office in Rohtak but functional office is here in mohali(chandigarh).

Just wanted to ask if it is necessary to mention the regional office address in appt letter.

as my company is registered with STPI in mohali(chandigarh).

regards,

ruchi

Learning

14 Replies

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     10 March 2009

As per my view u should mention ur address in appt. letter.

Ruchi (HR Manager)     10 March 2009

only 1 reply????

A V Vishal (Advocate)     10 March 2009

It is a matter of convience. In my opinion you should have the registered office address printed on the letter head. You can print the regional office and the functional office address in the footer

pranay patil (n/a)     11 March 2009

I am also agreed with vishal, Registered office address should be there in appointment letter

M. PIRAVI PERUMAL (Advocate & Consumer Rights)     11 March 2009

I agree with Mr. Vishal.  There is no hard and fast rules, its all for sake of convenience.  Why and what is the necessity for concealing the address ?

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     12 March 2009

There is no legal compulsion. It is sufficient to show the functional address. However registered address would be relevant if quostion of courts' jurisdiction arises.

PALNITKAR V.V. (Lawyer)     12 March 2009

It is desirable to mention both the addresses.

Ruchi (HR Manager)     12 March 2009

do we have any law stating that we should write the registered office address? 

A V Vishal (Advocate)     12 March 2009

There is no written law but still some things are to be understood in the way they are to be seen. For example you are in HR dept, while recruiting guys for your company you ask for there present and as well as permanent address. Why does there permanent address concern you what concerns you is only there present address. Hence in light of your judgement to the above situation, the same prevails in the matter of the company. After all a company is also an artificial person having a legal entity.

Ruchi (HR Manager)     13 March 2009

i totally agree with you vishal

thanks

V G Venugopal (Service)     24 March 2009

This is mandatory as per Companies Act - Sec.147(4)b

Ruchi (HR Manager)     24 March 2009

Thankyou Mr. VG Venugopal,

it really helps me.

ruchi

Rajneesh Malhotra (Advocate)     25 March 2009

Companies Act - Sec.147(4)b Gives the punishment for the officer who will default.

147. Publication of name by company

(1) Every company-

(c) shall have its name 1[and the address of its registered office] mentioned in legible characters in all its business letters, in all its bill heads and letter paper, and in all its notices 2[***] and other official publications; 3[and also have its name so mentioned in all bills of exchange], hundies, promissory notes, endorsements, cheques and orders for money or goods purporting to be signed by or on behalf of the company, and in all bills of parcels, invoices, receipts and letters of credit of the company.

Thanks to Mr.venugopal for upgrading our knowledge in this regard. Even i thought that giving the address of registered office is not important.

Akanksha   15 May 2020

Rajneesh Malhotra

Its an utter joy to see you reply with so uch enthusiasm 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register