Please suggest me

Hello eveyone,


I am khushi.I got married in 2008, stayed together for just 4 months, then my husband left me in US and came to india.I was made to stay alone in US without  any form of support.Later I came to India in 2010.Since my marriage we were staying separate due to problems .After coming to India , i went to their house, his mother threatened me to take divorce.So unable to bear other problems too, I came back to my parents house.When i wanted to go for divorce, his parents came to my housed and pleaded me not go go for divorce, so i wanted to give them a chance.And now the same problems started and my husband were having very minimal communication all these years.Even if i mail or call him , he never used to respond.Now I want to file for divorce, and his parents are doing the same thing again.But I dont wanna change my mind.The thing is they r not agreeing for mutual divorce.So wat can I do in  this situation.the guy is in US.My whole jewellery is with them.Kindly guide me regarding this.I want to go for divorce, but my husband is not at all responsive .If i file for divorce, how long its going to take?



General Manager

Contested divorce can run for years.

Better go for mutual divorce.

It would minimize the time as well as harassment.


Thanks for the reply.But can I do in the situation if he doesnt agree for mutual divorce?


1.  File Divorce case.   If he does not appear, you will get ex-parte case.  Otherwise also, on proper grounds, you can win contested divorce case.

2.  File DV case also to retrieve stridhan from him.

Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA



Again the same query earliest possible divorce, can not guarantee.




Shonee Kapoor

General Manager

@Adv Chandu,

1) What if he appears & says he don't want divorce?

2) DV case -- on what ground?



I think it is smiley's querry.  If she has got such doubts, she can certainly ask me.  If you have got your own querry independent of intervening querries from others' querries, you can ask me. 


@ chandu, I am having the same query.So can u please explain.I dont want the divorce case to drag on for years and years.So plz suggest me


U meet your husband alone or call him and tell him about your final answer and thenafter he has not agree with u, u file a divorce case.  



Divorce if contested then would take minimum 2/3 years.  DV case  to retrieve your stridhan from him.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x