Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     11 January 2010

PIL AGAINST ASTROLOGY

PIL AGAINST ASTROLOGY

MUMBAI: This is one event which even the most astute astrologer could not have predicted. A Public Interest Litigation (PIL) has been filed before the Bombay high court against astrologers, practitioners of vastu, numerology, gemology and faith healers. The PIL has sought criminal action against such persons and a ban on the popular "forecasts'' on televisions and newspapers. The petition, filed by city-based organisation, Janhit Mach, has asked the courts to make it mandatory for astrologers for put a disclaimer in their advertisement, which reads: "It is not tried and tested''.

"Most of them operate deceitfully or fraudulently,'' said the petitioner Bhagwanji Raiyani. "The state has failed to perform its duty to develop scientific temper and crack down on such persons who misguide people,'' he added.

In his petition, Raiyani furnished a list of persons who he had approached to prove their skills, including self-proclaimed `gurus', astrologers, palmists, and vastu, gemology and numerology practitioners. Subsequently, he also registered non-cognisable complaints against a few.

"The practice and belief in astrology and related theories is devoid of any scientific process and experimentation, based on ludicrous theories of cosmic constellations, gravitation, divination, existing and non-existing solar objects as well as illusionary and imaginary placement of zodiac signs,'' stated the petition. The PIL added that astrology was supposed to be based on planetary positions but some planets, which were discovered during the last three centuries, don't find place in the astrological chart.

The predictions also cause harm by spreading rumours, alleged the petitioner, pointing to two specific incidents in the aftermath of an earthquake in Gujarat as well as end-of-the-world predictions. "The quacks sometimes spread rumours through their illogical predictions and cause great inconvenience, as well as monetary and business loss,'' said the PIL.

The PIL furnished a list of "predictions'' that had been proved to be false in recent times. Despite the enactment of the Drugs and Magic Remedies (Objectionable Advertisements) and a pending bill Maharashtra Eradication of Block Magic and Evil and Aghori Practices Act, no action was taken against such persons, the petition claimed.

The PIL has sought the court directions to all "jyotish-related operators'' to prove their claims or face prosecution and a life ban from practising their "remedies''.

SOURCE:  THE TIMES OF INDIA

DATE:  11.01.2010.

Learning

49 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     11 January 2010

Hmm.. I think the petitioner has a point.. Thanks for the information Krishna ji.. :)

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     11 January 2010

THANKS KRISHNAJI,

ARTICLE 51 A (h), FUNDAMENTAL DUTY OF EVERY CITIZEN TO USE ON THOSE ,BUT ALL SCIENTISTS,POLITICIANS,PM AND PRESIDENTS OF NATION HAVE FORGOTTEN THE SPIRIT OF CONSTITUTION.

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     11 January 2010

very good news. they are evil for the society.

(Guest)

Astrology is a science based on mathematical calculations of planatory positions. These planets have taken from our solar system. Of course Moon is not a planet but it's effect on earth's nature tremendous. So it is taken as a planet in Astrology. Only a perfect Astrologer can predict accurately of the past, present and future of a person by calculating planetory positions at the time of one's birth time. In olden days we don't have Telescopes. How Aryabhatta, Varahamihra calculated plantory positions? Were they mad? Today their calculations found accurately. Nonsense. Only Nastika people don't belive in Science. They try to show extra knowledge try to find out already proved science.

Vastu is a geomatry and architecture of house to be constructed in systemetic order based on Sunrise, Sunset, wind direction etc. 

Palmistry is based on lines on the hand calculate minutely. One can not find on the earth two persons  finger prints are same. Scientifically Forensic science tells. A perfect palmist is like a doctor can can diagonise the diseases of a human being by seeing hand.

I agree pne has to condemn superstitious beliefs. Our Nastika people have to learn to respect already proved science in Vedic age of India.

Our Nastika People belive in American, Western Science but don't belive in Indian Oldest Science. If American or Western Scientist says that the Earth is not in Oval shape it is in square then our Nastika people start argue that the Earth is square. These people are spoiling the proven science of India and making others mad.

2 Like

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     11 January 2010

SATHYA JI,

NO DOUBT WE SHOULD RESPECT THE INDIVIDUALS BELIEVES,BUT NOT TO THE EXTENT OF ENCROACHING  OTHERS RIGHTS. THAT HAPPENING IN THE CLOUD OF SPIRITUAL SEE LATEST CASE OF 'SHAMBAVI'.

(Guest)

P. Sathya Prakash ji, your answer is very good for so called well educated.

That's why there is a proverb " Empty vessels make much more noise".

In future we have to learn our Sanskrit language from Germans.

The person who wrote and published in the Times Of India ask him will you follow Astrology or not?

Even so called Super Power nation's Mr. President Barak Obama is beleave in Astrology.

For us America and ForeIgners are great.

WARNA WOH FOREIGNERS SAAT SAMUNDAR PAAR KARKE YAHAN BUSINESS KARNE YAHAN AATE...?

LIKE BILL GATES WHO USES OUR KNOWLEDGE AND MINT MONEY IN USA THE RICHEST PERSON IN THE WORLD.

astrology is unscientific base, now a days so called astrologer try to prove that astology has also scientific base, as astronomy.and they make a 'khichri'' of astrology and science. prediction on scientific base and prediction on the basis of astrology is quite diffrent.

OUR ORIGIN IS INDIAN, WE RESPECT INDIA AND INDIAN CULTURE, WE LOVE OUR VED PURAN AND MYTHOLOGY. BUT SOME PEOPLE WILL IS DOING BUSINESS WITH THESE. IT IS NOT ONLY UNFORTUNATE BUT ALSO REGRATABLE.

1 Like

PLEASE READ 'IS DOING' INSTEAD OF 'WILL IS DOING'.

(Guest)
Dear PJR ji, Science is always reveals truth. Our Nastika people have to study vedic science, Astronomy and Astrolgy then only they to comment or argue on our Astrological based thoeries. This is my right also to condemn if anyone try to degrade our most valuable vedas, upanishads. To do fraud several spiritual leaders existed for the sake of money and luxary. It is the only one way to mint money. Regarding Shambhavi she is innocent. Some spiritual people try to take advantage through her for propaganda.This is nonsense.Already I mentioned I don't support superstitions and fraud spiritual persons or persons who speaks about Astrology without any planetory mathematical calculations..
1 Like

P.reddy ji pl tell us some more details about  'LATEST CASE OF 'SHAMBAVI''

Dear P. prakash ji, I am a pure nastik. "Kanad" was also A nastik,  some ancient indian philosopher was nastik  I am nastik because i feel that there is no god, nothing like a god the universe follow some rules and regulations which has the mathmetical base - these rules, regulations and the mathmetical link (which actuaily govern the universe) - It's study is science.

i born and brought up in a Hindu religious family, where everyone except me is still relegious. i have a greate honour for the hindu religion. not only hindu relligion, but also all the religions. but i feel that we, the morden society should accept the reallity

(Guest)
All philosphers taught know thy self. Then only one can see the God. God is every where and in every one.Please read the experiences and teachings of Sri Ramakrishna Parmahamsa, Swami Vivekananda, Sri Ramana Maharshi, Sri Aurobindo etc. If a person says he Nastik, he is under ignorance of the truth.
2 Like

RAJ KISHORE VAISH (TEACHER CITIZEN OF INDIA)     11 January 2010

DEAR SIR

IN MY VIEW ASTROLOGY IS ALSO A SCINCE ,IT ALSO HAS CERTAIN LAWS OF MATH,PHYSICS ,BIOLOGY ,GEOLOGY , THEN IT IS KNOWN AS ASTROLOGY.

Harish K. Chandak (Advocate)     11 January 2010

very good, it shold be done cause many person starting their day by following these astro..! now their time will save for not searching Rashi's

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register