Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Need to teach a wife a leasson for life

Hi All,

I want to teach my wife a leasson on her cruelty grounds for which she has roune my as well as my family life. Can my wife seek for a divorce if I dont agree for a divorce and though she is not staying with me from couple of months. Since I dont want to give her a divorce and will make her suffer her life too. So if she dosent stay with me can she opt for a divorce which I am not willing to give her and I want her back in my life.
If no Whats the time duration after which she is not staying with me can opt for a divorce. Is there a way I can get her back by law and from now we can stay seperately without any intervention from her familly members and I can also sacrifice my family for the same inoder to teach her a leasson outside.



You can file Restitution of conjugal rights to bring her back.But through this you can't force her to bring her back.

If RCR doesn't work then after completion of 1 yr  then either of you can file divorce.But during divorce procedure you both will be sent for mediation by the court.

There you can lay above conditions to stay separately.



@ AMIT as advised by gaury go for RCR but it is true that she can't be forced to live with you is also true tht she can't remarry until you divorce her and when she files for divorce petition you can contest it by saying "NO" if you are willing to keep her then she cannot seek divorce what will happen is that in order to ruin you life her lawyer will advice her to file Crpc 125 and DV case against best advise is jst let her go......if she already filed those cases (crpc 125, 498 a, DV) against you then i believe you have already gone through it is not going to be easy for her to opt out easily until both of you decide to go for mutual divorce......if you are right then start with RCR and i am pretty sure after giving u hard time she will say "NO" to live with short this is NEVER ENDING ........i m not an expert or lawyer :)

Fighting Frivolous 498A case


Why not let her go. In thought of ruining her life aren't you ruining yours as well ?? I think it would be better to spend life with a new romantic partner rather than with learned advocates and judges. Isnt it ?


i think Never give up has given you proper advice to give up your wife.

Life comes once only.So why waste it for her who never liked you??Let her go and leave in peace.Cut her away from your life like a tumer.

Branch incharge

Dear Amit,

Divorcing her itself is a lesson to her, possible she woulnt get a life partner like you once again


Thanks all for your expert comments. The issue is not about that i cant give her a divorce or I am not willing too. Its just I want to teach such kind of girls who actually ruin the life of males and dosent understand the meaning of marriage and treat marriage as a joke. It has actually put in a spot in my carrer which will now be termed as divorce though i never wanted such thing to happen in my life. Hence I have decided to teach such kind of women a leasson so that she cannot spoil anyother life after remarring and should understand the meaning of pain she has given to me as well as my family.

Please seek advice if I can deny for giving divorce even after an year if she files for the same and though I am not willing to give so.....Thanks

Legal & Social Activist

I she has implicated in false case then best ioption is to implicate herself and her nears and dears in cases like Narcotics,accident,porstituion etc.

District Registrar

My dear Amith, You are loving her hence be together.  Both are requested to take councilling in family matters


Dear Amit, I do realise and can feel your pain. I know lot of people will advise you to reconcile and stuff like that. But surely I can feel the deep pain of your heart and the resultant effect on you family and your job.

Friend - Please go ahead with the path you have chosen and am sure there are many more who are facing the same situation and will come forward to enlighten the Legal fraternity regarding the undue advantage to ladies.

Best wishes and God bless.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x