LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

marriage civil contract

can doing only a civil contract of marriage avoid HMA? can it help to avoid 498a and dv act to some extent?

in case no hindu rituals are done and only a contract is signed?

Learning

25 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     18 April 2010

A marriage is sufficient proof for S.498A  to file a case against "husband" and his "relatives".  Need not be only Hindu marriage. For DV Act, even marriage is not necessary.

(Guest)

suchitra ji , if instead of rituals only a civil contract is registered , what all benefits a man can get? can there be any clauses added to avoid feminine biased laws to some extent?

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     18 April 2010

Suchitra is correct.

Performance of rituals or registration are not essentials of marraige. living together for long time may deemed to be a marraige relation. What benefit you want to get out of such relation?

Application of laws can not be restrained/controled/waived by contract between the parties. The laws, you are talking about are penal laws. Any violation of such laws are considered as offence and the "STATE" is the prosecutor of offences and not the individual.

There is no such feminine based laws. Laws are for the needs of society. It can only be said, such laws are misused by some persons. For such apprehension, the laws can not be termed as feminine based laws.

This is male centered society. Inspite of all these laws, still there are thousands of dowry deaths and domestic violence in the country.

And there are people who have started to thinking to enter into a contract to get benefit out of marraige relation and to avoid long arms of law.

(Guest)

sir ji come to delhi and punjab, see the misuse of so called laws. these are arms of terror being spread thru government machinery. as soon as a husband files of divorce or if there is a failed relationshio due to any reason girls side implicate boys side into these laws then harass tem and extort money. grooms loose money time and repuatationin the process. supreme court has termed it a state sponsored legal terrorism enacted by parliament of our so called nation

(Guest)

so boys have to seek a way out :)

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     19 April 2010

If one is so afraid then why go for marraige.  It all depend on luck and situation.

(Guest)

marriage is a social universal custom / evil in our society so people marry

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     19 April 2010

What will be the consequences of those children born of such marriage? can we call them b*st*rd or legitimate child? if we call them b*st*rd does suit for defamation lie?

Vikas Dharmendra (Consultant)     19 April 2010

Now a days it is becoming fashion if marriage fails because of any reason then to clean thf face against society girl or girl side always go to nput the false cases to tak advantage of the law framed for their benefit.

It is really biased laws. 

Mohd Musabbir Ansari (Legal Practice/Litigation New Delhi 09582547570 )     19 April 2010

why are you defaming woman? whether your mother is not woman. There are always good woman in this world. Marry a good girl. Be honest to that girl that wat you are and your family. there will be no problem.

If you are telling lie to the girl that you are this and this. your father is this. your hobbys are this. i will do this for you. i love you other than any one. i am sure yopu will be in trouble.

Dear if the foundation is made honestly without any show off, marriage wiil be a success.

No body is fool to file a case against her husband.

Vikas Dharmendra (Consultant)     19 April 2010

Who I am to defame the Women....am I god??? NO........ I am individual and putting my thoughts exactly happening in the society ....

Good...Women should not be defamed.. but man should be defamed...man shoild be honest... Whya it is always example of Mothers?????  women can keep tell lie,, No Probelm,, but man should be truthful????    What si this clause " Every Women is not Bad" ,, and "Eveny Man is not Bad"... it is always true....  No one talks in terms of every,,,,, is it questions of always special class,.....

things can be said easily,, but is practially be faced ,, then anyone can know.....      .

(Guest)

mr ansari please keep your mouth shut. i  m a victim of these biased laws and everybody knows  95% of these cases  false and filed once relatioship turns sour even if there is not even .0001% truth component in dowry demand. so better keep shut up n dont speak nonsense and spread false hood. these are just to keep money flowing in we lawyers pockets , so we also dont oppose these laws.

1 Like

(Guest)

these laws are maximum misused against mothers and sisters and some lawyers like you suggest girls side to file false cases against boys side. i have seen brunt of these laws on myself .

so mr ansari plesae keep shut

1 Like

(Guest)

things are not as rosy as mr ansari is painting . even if you give your 100% to a girl she may not be urs. if tomo situation turns sour she will definitely misuse these laws. my sis in law married my bro. she had an affair with a guy. when my bro objected she just filed DV and dowry cases against him. if today i m posting on this site among you its because my brother had solid fool proofr evidence against her, otherwsie i wud hav been behind bars, so mr anasari plaese keep shut.

.for more details on such false cases visit 498a.org

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register