LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

skumar.indian (skgupta_vns@rediffmail.com)     30 May 2011

Re-marriage

My divorce case is taking way longer. Since my age is not favoring me waiting any longer. I am deciding to marry this second girl in Nepal. I often visit Nepal and I can stay there until my divorce case is pending. so I can marry her even there as well. Will it be a problem if I married another girl out of India and bring her back as my wife in India.

Learning

7 Replies

rajshree (freelance)     30 May 2011

Sir, Bigamy is a strict offence in India. Your 1st wife is eligible to file a bigamy suit on you if she comes to know about it. Plus, your 2nd wife is also eligible to file the same with fraud case on you if she comes to know that you were already married when you married her. Your 2nd marriage will not be legally valid.

1 Like

ADV Rajesh KASRIJA (ADVOCATE)     30 May 2011

PLZ FOLLOW RAJSHREE

(Guest)

But live-in is allowed, as per my understanding so far....

Your second wife has to prove that you have married that another woman.

Ld members, please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

skumar.indian (skgupta_vns@rediffmail.com)     31 May 2011

Thanks to all,

sir if a girl is ready to marry me after knowing all the matter. and She is also ready to face the problem when my first wife claim. When what will be. I will not do fraud to anyone. I have told her every thing, yet she wishes to marry me. This is why she loves me.

skumar.indian (skgupta_vns@rediffmail.com)     01 June 2011

Thanks to all,

sir if a girl is ready to marry me after knowing all the matter. and She is also ready to face the problem when my first wife claim. When what will be. I will not do fraud to anyone. I have told her every thing, yet she wishes to marry me. This is why she loves me.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     01 June 2011

Your second wife has to prove that you have married that another woman.

---   not the second but the first wife has to prove that her husband solemnized a marrige second time, while she is living.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     01 June 2011

live-in is allowed, as per my understanding so far....

---   yes correct. live in will be appropriate.

by marrying second time you are unnecessarily  taking the charge of offence. you may abscond at nepal, but police can brought you back to india easily.

better prepare her for live in.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register