LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anand (A.O.)     19 April 2011

re-joining the services

I had joined one of public sector Insurance company  on 17.08.2009 and after working for 15 days took cl for 2 days. meanwhile I decided to resign and send one resignation letter by fax. I did not get any information on my resignation , wether it was accepted or not ? . After more then one year on 10.10.2010 I requested to rejoin the company on the ground that my resignation was not accepted. Now company says that they have no record of my joining the services as I had not taken the salary. 

Since

1.my post is still vacant

2.there is  no intemation wether resignation was accepet 

3.As per company records I never joied their services 

is it possiblefor me to join the company against my selected post ?

Manoj kumar 

Learning

4 Replies

shrikant (LAW OFFICER)     19 April 2011

Very strange query

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     20 April 2011

There are two aspects. You were on probation, admittedly resigned an year back and apparently abandaoned your right or lien on the job. Another aspect of acceptance of resignation. In a contract of serivice, acceptance of a resignation of a mere formality and at the best, it could have been rescinded in course.

vasudevan

anand (A.O.)     20 April 2011

Thanks  for your response.

But my employer says that they can not allow  withdrawal of resignation as the office where I had given joining never send any information about my joining. Since I resigned only after 13 days and no salary was paid. In this situation is it possible that my case might be considered as late joining ?

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     23 April 2011

Mr Anand, sometimes we act oversmart and think that since we have been living in a democracy, every contrary behaviour would be pardonable/acceptable.No, if that be so then you are mistaken:

Q1: Let there be many posts vacant, you have no right on those vacancies at all.

Q2: Intimation of their acceptance for your resignation or not, it is you who has submitted resignation and from your side you have left the services of that company on you own.

Q3: Since your joining letter did not reach the Head office, hence you are not in their roll.

Better search another job because you yourself has shut the door for ever.

Sorry.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register