Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar S (AAA)     06 January 2010

Birth certificate after 20 years!!!very Urgent!!!

Dears,

My was born in tirunelvelli district,tamilnadu.My birth date is 05/06/1980.I am not sure whether my birth is registered or not at the time if birth.

1.Please advise me what to be done to get  Birth cetificates(if registered or not resgistered)

2.If already registered,but my date of birth in educational certificates  and passport are different from Birth certificate.What to do in this case?

Please advise me ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Learning

19 Replies

Daksh (Student)     06 January 2010

Mr.Kumar S,

For the purposes of getting changed the details in your birth records you have to give Advertisement citing reason for the same and then procure an affidavit from first class Magistrate of the local jurisdiction and represent to the requisite authority with payment of charges in this regard.

If you do not have any record of your date of birth still a certificate from first class magistrate will suffice.  As an abundant precaution I may request your good self to check the local municipal laws in this regard.

Thanks and best regards

Daksh.

1 Like

(Guest)
Dear Kumar, Every hospital records births in their register and same register sends to the Births and Deaths registration office i.e.to the Municipality. Regarding your birth certificate please contact official concerned for procedure to apply. Regarding change of your birth date in all certificates of yours please follow as our member Daksh ji suggested.

subhash kumar (advocate)     07 January 2010

dear,  Daksh said well  apart from this to get the birth certificate make an application to the SDM of your area and get order from and contact the Birth and Death registrar to issue birth certificate on the basis of the order made by the SDM.

Subhash Kumar, adv

R.K.SUNDERRAJ (LAWYER HUBLI,KARNATAKA)     20 January 2010

I AGREE WITH DAKSH & SATYA PRAKASH, THE SAID VIEWS ARE APPLICABLE FOR A PERSON WHERE THE ENTRIES ARE NOT MADE IN THE BIRTH RECORDS. KINDLY NOTE THAT  IN THIS CASE  KUMAR STATES THAT THERE IS DIFFRENCE IN THE DATE OF BIRTH AND FROM THAT OF HIS SCHOOL RECORDS.

THEREFORE I FEEL THAT SIMPLE PROCEDURE AS STATED BY DAKSH WOULD NOT BE OF USE TO KUMAR. He has to file a declaration suit before the jurisdictional court  and obtain a decree.Which I feel would serve the purpose.

dhamodaram (Student)     12 February 2010

Sir,I need to apply passport. for my date of birth it is mandatory to submit only birth certificate. but my parents didn't registered in hospital or even in municipality. i need your help. How can I get the new birth certificate. tell me the procedure for obtaining the new birth certificate.

Bidhan Dave (Advocate)     29 April 2010

1. Apply to the municipal authority to get the birth certificate stating the name of your parents & date of birth.
  2. If your birth is not registered, in that case obtain a negative certificate which state that your birth is not registered in there record & hence no birth certificate can be given.
  3. After obtaining the above mentioned certificate, you have to apply in the court of Judicial Magistrate First Class against the Municipal Authority & make prayer to registered your birth in their register.
  4. You have to submit your school leaving certificate & the Negative certificate of Municipal Authority along with your application.
  5. The Court will record your deposition as well as deposition of concerned officer of Municipal Authority & thereafter pass suitable order in your favour.
  6. After  the order from the court the Municipal Authority will register your birth in there register & you have to pay the late fees & there after you will get your Birth Certificate.

I advice you to kindly contact a good & experience advocate & he will do the needful

1 Like

SivaSivaSiva (Consultant)     17 August 2010

Originally posted by :Bidhan Dave
"

Apply to the municipal authority to get the birth certificate stating the name of your parents & date of birth.

If your birth is not registered, in that case obtain a negative certificate which state that your birth is not registered in there record & hence no birth certificate can be given.

After obtaining the above mentioned certificate, you have to apply in the court of Judicial Magistrate First Class against the Municipal Authority & make prayer to registered your birth in their register.

You have to submit your school leaving certificate & the Negative certificate of Municipal Authority along with your application.

The Court will record your deposition as well as deposition of concerned officer of Municipal Authority & thereafter pass suitable order in your favour.

After  the order from the court the Municipal Authority will register your birth in there register & you have to pay the late fees & there after you will get your Birth Certificate.

I advice you to kindly contact a good & experience advocate & he will do the needful
"

Hi Bidhan Dave,

How long the process will take?and can you explain flow?because i need urgently DOB for tatkal passport.It is mandatory to submit Birth Certificate in cases of those who are born on after 1989.plz advice me...

Bidhan Dave (Advocate)     17 August 2010

The process will take at least a month.

SivaSivaSiva (Consultant)     18 August 2010

Hi Bidhan Dave,

Is it any other way to get faster with in 1week /2week?

I already obtained a negative certificate(NOC) from my reg.office.

shriya (BDO)     27 September 2010

Hello Mr; Bidhan Dave

I would be highly obliged if you would please advise a good lawyer in Hubli for the issuing birth certificate procedure you mentioned.  Thank you8

"

Apply to the municipal authority to get the birth certificate stating the name of your parents & date of birth.

If your birth is not registered, in that case obtain a negative certificate which state that your birth is not registered in there record & hence no birth certificate can be given.

After obtaining the above mentioned certificate, you have to apply in the court of Judicial Magistrate First Class against the Municipal Authority & make prayer to registered your birth in their register.

You have to submit your school leaving certificate & the Negative certificate of Municipal Authority along with your application.

The Court will record your deposition as well as deposition of concerned officer of Municipal Authority & thereafter pass suitable order in your favour.

After  the order from the court the Municipal Authority will register your birth in there register & you have to pay the late fees & there after you will get your Birth Certificate.

"

SivaSivaSiva (Consultant)     21 October 2010

Originally posted by :Bidhan Dave
"

"

Hi Mr.dave,

As per your info,I have submitted to court on Sep22, i got hearing  on Oct 21.Still 2 more hearing on upcoming month ..I already attached my NOC cert also...Still it taking more time to  get order.Why sir ?what is the reason?Im planning to do my higher studies in overseas.Im waiting for to apply passport.Please help me on this issue sir?

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Court branch:Kallakurichi

Dist: Villupurum

State:Tamilnadu

(Guest)

The date of birth certificate in your school graduation[matriculation or whatever], is the real proof right or wrong.

(Guest)

Submit a Schoool/College certificate duly attested by a Class I officer to the passport Officer for correcting the same.

SivaSivaSiva (Consultant)     22 October 2010

hi SHEDEVILONLINE,

.It is mandatory to submit Birth Certificate in cases of those who are born on after 1989

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register