Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

qualification for patent agent

Greetings,

Qualification for patent agent is a science graduation, I am a ML graduate and I ve done 5yrs law degree, if I need to register as patent agent, can I do any distance education in science. whether it is application? Is there any regulation? Pls clarify me.

Learning

18 Replies

Iftikhar Ahsan (Indian Patent Agent)     03 June 2009

Yes you rightly said, technical qualification is must to become patent agent exam. I think you might do a correspondence course in science. However, you must check the recogination of such course by AICTE and UGC. 

Regards,

Iftikhar Ahsan

1 Like

Amit Kumar (Advocate)     05 June 2009

Whether MCA qualifies for this exam ?

(Guest)

thank you,  let me do any correspondence course in science.

regards,

Aruna

Iftikhar Ahsan (Indian Patent Agent)     05 June 2009

section 126. Qualifications for registration as patent agents :- (1) A person shall be qualified to have his name entered in the register of patent agents in he fulfils the following conditions, namely :-
(a) he is a citizen of India;
(b) he has completed the age of 21 years
(c) he has obtained a [degree in science , engineering or technology from any university established under law for the time being the force] in the territory of India or possesses such other equivalent qualifications as the Central Government may specify in this behalf , and, in addition,-
(d) he has paid such fee as may be prescribed.

What is your undergraduate degree?

Personaly, I don't know any patent agent with MCA background but there are a lot with B.tech computer science. 

Amit Kumar (Advocate)     05 June 2009

Thanks for the details... I have done B.com(hons) as under graduate degree... 

Senthil (Patent Consultant)     17 June 2009

To understand more about patent agent exam in India, please visit the following link

INDIA PATENT BLOG

To understand more about patent agent exam in India, please visit the following link

INDIA PATENT BLOG

INDIA PATENT BLOG

nidhi (content writer)     19 April 2010

hello to everyone,

can anyone tell me when is the next patent agent examination going to be conducted apart from jan 2010,

also plz tell me when is this exam conducted, is it twice a year or once.

thanx..........

nidhi (content writer)     19 April 2010

Answer

1. Qualifications for registration as patent agents :- (1) A person shall be qualified to have his name entered in the register of patent agents in he fulfills the following conditions, namely :-

(a) he is a citizen of India;
(b) he has completed the age of 21 years
(c) he has obtained a [degree in science , engineering or technology from any university established under law for the time being the force] in the territory of India or possesses such other equivalent qualifications as the Central Government may specify in this behalf , and, in addition,-
(d) he has paid such fee as may be prescribed.

Vedika (Executive)     26 April 2010

Can anyone please suggest me , what books ae to be reffered for the Examination. My exams ae to be held on June 2010..

Thanks in Advance

Vedika (Executive)     26 April 2010

Can anyone please suggest me , what books needs to be reffered for the Examination. My exam for Trade Mark Registration is to be held on June 2010..

Thanks in Advance

MEHAK (dentist)     31 March 2011

i have done with B.D.S.,,am i eligible for patent exam!

shailendra (advocate)     03 April 2011

Dear Mahek

Advocate has more professional rights than patent agent. For filing purpose one has to become agent. But when opposition or litigation comes. Agent cannot have a right to fight. One has to retain advocate for this purpose. so dear, do not worry for becoming patent agent. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register