LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manish singh (mba)     09 January 2011

protection of mariage under special marriage act 1954

we did marriage under the special marriage act 1954. this is intercast marriage and we have fear of that her parents would not accept this. because they are very conservative. we have kept our marriage hiden because we are in third sem right now and our xam and the placement is near. i m 23 yrs old and she is 22. we did so because of our security from her forceful mariage with other guy. now we are very afraid of that how we save our marriage because when her parents will know about this they will try to force her emotionaly and by physicaly torturing her. they may also bribe the police and get tortured me to accept that this marriage was done forcefully.i have seen in many cases that police had fired the certificates and on the power of bribe the data is deleted from the computer of registrars. 

now please tell me what we should do to save our marriage. and how many months we should hide this marriage to get full coverage of protection from the court. in case of that the girl will acept in presure that the marriage was forcefully done. then what will be my right to save my marriage and to save myself from the court.

Learning

11 Replies

(Guest)

Mr Manish Singh....... You need to think and decide calmly that how will you appraoch your parents & inlaws. Because you have to inform them , can't hide this anymore. You should keep your marriage certificate and all other records, like marriage photographs etc, the witnesses, you can do one more think, ask your wifeto write a letter stating that she is happily married to you and by her own choice she is with you, her signature should be there. you should also keep some friends, relatives as mediator whome you rely that they won't turn their backs when needed. 

And god forbids if your inlaws create any problem to break this marriage etc then you can File for RCR, restitution of congugal rights to save your marriage. And if possible then write an application and can also send emails to your friend etc,  that you got married on so and so date, and afraid to disclose all this as its an intercaste marriage etc, and send it to any of social wefare & justice organisations, stating all your fears etc, and keep the copy of it. This will be saved as a record that you had such fear etc. Keep yourself on the safer side.

tortured_aathma (none)     10 January 2011

manish why did you hide your marriage from your relatives and parents. accept her as wife in front of society. regarding deletion of marriage from register , its very unlikely. keep your marriage certificates and pictures in safe custody, never let her go back alone to her parents to be on safe side.

as far as filing rcr is concerned , if they kidnap her u need to file a haebus corpus not rcr. jia has totally gone mad.

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     10 January 2011

agree with tortured atma

Shubham kumar (Practising Lawyer)     10 January 2011

Mr manish -  yes i agree with miss jia.  If your inlaws threaten you to break your marriage and file false police complaints then certainly haebus corpus is not the solution beacuse that can force your wife to turn hostile badly, if your marriage is legal then you need to file for an RCR, to protect and save your marriage to get your wife back.  Keep all the records safe.

Alok Kumar garg (Lawyer)     10 January 2011

Hey @ TORTURED ATMA & @ AVNISH.  I have read all your comments in a thread where you have passed rude comments and luke comments , and in this post also @ tortured aatma you have again passes luke comment " jia has totally gone mad " this forum is not for personal enemity . If you both continue this then i will send these posts of yours to administration and we have the ip addresses . So please maintain the decorum of this forum AVNISH & Tortured aatma. I think both of you don't have legal knowledge.

@ jia's suggestion is appropriate , to protect or save marriage You need to file RCR. And that will also help you from further counter false cases. but firstly keep youself on the safer side, keep all the important records. and talk to friends and relatives.

NOW THIS NEW id appaers suddenly alok kumar garg registered just now. not difficult to guess whu it is.

I am OnlineAlok Kumar garg
Lawyer
Since : 10 January 2011

Total Points: 24
Profile Visits: 6

Report Abuse

About Me!

Miss Avnish i have given all my numbers , call me & clear all your doubts, iam waiting.

I don't think you are a female miss Avnish ..... you are a notorious person who is spoiling all the pages here, have no legal knowlegde just wasting time of people by giving them plans and acting like CID, counting time who registered and when , at what time. Read the other post, and call on my numbers , i would like to know what legal knowlegde you have , have you done any law course ??

Mallik Karra (Done with AIBE)     11 January 2011

when the spouse walks out of the matrimonial relation voluntarily you file RCR and if it is Kidnap or wrongful detention it is a writ of Heabeus...

Manish,

hope you dont have to do anything of these, just talk it out with your parents and in-laws, and yes please have all your prrof of marriage in safe custody

vinod (others)     12 January 2011

manish, always remember one thing. never let your wife be alone in the company of your in-laws. you must be with her when she is in the company of your in-laws. try to have as little contact of yours and your wife's with your in-laws. when you get two kids then only open up fully to your in-laws.

mind you i am telling these from bitter life experiences. the moment your wife becomes emotionally close with her parents, the same moment you and your family might be fixed with DVC, 498A, etc, etc.

remember, you have only one life in your hand which you are living. after death nobody knows what happens so  better try to enjoy it instead of becoming a martyr. think from your head if you want to live happilly and not from your heart. your heart may guide you to do right things or actions but your head will guide you towards the CORRECT things or actions which will keep you and your family alongwith your parents happy in life and you must also always think about your parents also before taking any step in your life.

wishing you all the best. may god light your path !!!!!!!!!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register