LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhavin Tolia (Intern)     17 July 2011

Protecting Land

Sir, I want to buy land in Bangalore, but, I am not in the best position to protect it with posession. If the seller, being a builder, forcefully takes back posession i'll be helpless. what will be the options available to protect a property for a person like me?

Learning

3 Replies

KAMARAJ BHARATHY G (ADVOCATE- HIGH COURT)     17 July 2011

Dear Sir,

After purchasing you can get the mutation in the revenue records like patta, town land register etc for confiming your possession.  But, your apprehension is the builder himself may occupy your land by unauthorised possession.  In this circumstances you can fencing the boundaries by compond wall and you can lock the same with the advertiment in paint in the every direction of the wall stating that the captioned land belongs to you and you can take photos all the advertisement for your safety.  Subsequently, if the builder do wrong you can file criminal complaint against builder for the offences of criminal tress pass illegal occupation and destroy of the property.

KAMARAJ BHARATHY

Bhavin Tolia (Intern)     18 July 2011

Gr8... Will verify all docs and get back shortly... also, hope to keep this forum post/tread alive for some time :)

Bhavin Tolia (Intern)     19 July 2011

One thing is for sure, we definitely need a Regulator like ''SEBI - for stock market'' , ''PEBI-for property market'' only then will people pull up their socks and do their Homework...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register