LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

H Sachdev (Prop)     06 January 2012

Property partition

My father and his two brothers own couple of properties one is a commerical property which is being used jointly by our family to run a business. All the three ladies (that is the wives of my father and his brothers) are business partners in that. Now my father and his two brothers have come together and not giving us our fair share and every time we ask for our share, all we get is a big fight in the family which is distressng for my parents. Due to my parents age and health they have decided not to continue with the business and also to get his share of their share of the property. So how can we

- stop the business to function on that property and get our fair share fromt he business

- Then get our share on the property itself.

The second property is a residential house which my fathers brother is residing in, that property too is in the name of my father and his two brothers, so if we file for a patition will we

- get the third share in the house? or not given my fathers brother has been residing there since last 20years or so?

- If not what will we get out of it if anything at all?

Please help.

Hemant

Learning

2 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     06 January 2012

Your father can file a suit for partition.

H Sachdev (Prop)     06 January 2012

Thanks Archana, so can he get a stay on the business while the partition suit is progressing?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register