LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

parayil kumar (Advocate)     08 September 2011

Power of attorney to file with income tax department

Dear Sir, Can anybody send me a format how to make a power of attorney to income tax department for filing of Income tax returns on behalf of my cousin brother.

Learning

4 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     08 September 2011

Dear Mr. Ajit,

You are an Advocate.  Do you or don't you know how to draft a power of Attorney.  Once you know how to draft the power of Attorney, you only have to see which reason apply to you under Sec. 140 of the Income Tax Act, and then by stating that reason you have to constitute a Power of Attorney.  As simple as that.  Please do not expect ready made format even for such ordinary things. 

Sadashiv Rupchand Gaikwad (Partner)     10 September 2011

It is very simple, authorisation letter

dhiraj aggarwal (TAXPOINT (Director) 9829551008)     17 September 2011

YOU can use GPA format for drafting that

Anumita Sarkar (Tax Advisor/Litigator)     06 October 2011

You can refer this GPA. Modify according to your requirements.

I, ................, s/o ................., r/o ………………….., and partner of the firm M/s.  ......................................, with its registered office at ………………………….., do hereby appoint Mr. .................., s/o Mr. ................., r/o …………………….. as attorney of the firm above named and authorise him for the purpose hereinafter mentioned:

1. That the said attorney shall appoint an Advocate of his choice and hand him over the judgment of Asst. Commissioner of Income-Tax (Appeal) and instruct him to file the second appeal against the order before the Member Tribunal Income-tax, for the Assessment Year ………..

2. That the said attorney shall advise the Advocate so appointed, to obtain stay of the disputed amount of Income-tax and file the photo copy of the stay in the office of the Income-tax Officer, ………………...

3. That the said attorney shall execute Vakalatnama to the Advocate appointed by him and shall sign all the related papers under the supervision of the Advocate.

4. That specimen signature of the said attorney is give on the left side of this deed.

5. The said attorney shall generally do all other lawful acts necessary for the conduct of the said case.

I hereby declare that the acts done by the said attorney in connection with the work give to him shall be deemed to have been done by me and shall be binding on the firm and its partners.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF I have signed this power of attorney in the presence of the following witnesses :

Signature ……………..

(........................)

Witnesses :
1…………..
2………….

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register