Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pallavi (n/a)     26 September 2007

Policy of Leaves for Trainees

[font=""Times New Roman""]Hi,[/font]

[font=""Times New Roman""]I am new to this forum, I am working as a Sr. Executive-HR in a Company.[/font]

[font=""Times New Roman""]I had an clarification regarding leave for Trainees, we have around 12 Trainees(all are Mechnical Engineers) at our office. As[/font][font=""Times New Roman""] of now we give 1 day per month as leave for those trainees and they cannot accumulate those leave if not take in that particular month.[/font]

[font=""Times New Roman""]What is the standard policy for trainees with regards to leaves? What will happen if we donΓÇÖt give any leaves during training period? What will happen if we allow the trainees to accumulate the leaves eligible during training?[/font]

[font=""Times New Roman""]Thanks in advance
Pallavi
[/font]

Learning

4 Replies

vipul parmar (n/a)     27 September 2007

Leave policy is being framed by the respective companies. It all depends on your company's policy. There is no bar if you choose not to have any policy for trainees.  

soulofvalbooj (n/a)     03 January 2008

there is no such policy regarding leaves for trainees its depends onthe company's policies.some companies give only 1 leave for a month to the trainees and no other leaves till they complete training period.
if u give leaves to the trainees they use the leave for attending other intervies or join in other comapny(u may lose the good talents).
if u dont give atleast 1 leave for a month to the trainees, they dont get refresh or may be they wants to utilise that leave for personal use.

with regards
praveen

cutcrap (n/a)     09 January 2008

Hi Pallavi,

I have see your add & as our friends told you that it all depends on the Company's Policy how they allot leaves for trainees & candidates who are in apprentice. But I would like to suggest you in the following ways..

Here you are forcing them to take one single leave in a month, where you are loose his one day productivity. Instead of that way can you try to put 3 leaves in a quarter in a prorata basis, so that they had a opportunity to accumulate leaves for 3 months & then they will lapse. and again they can get another 3 fresh leaves for the next quarter..

Please let me know your comments on this ....

partharajagopal (HR)     04 March 2008

Hi Like Casual Leave let him take the leave for 12 days @ anytime.ur policy will make them to take leave without a reason and also if they need in a particular time around 2 days they will meet the loss of pay.Being an hr person,u have to visuvalize the needs of genl person.Eventhough dont allow to accumulate the leave.He / she can enjoy the leave of 12 days @ any month @ any days tats the best way of keeeping them happy regards partha

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register