LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priya (SW)     02 December 2011

Pls help me..i want a legal advice for harassment and cheat

I am working in a MNC company,where a co-worker now ex-employee of our company asked me for a marriage proposal last year. First I did not respond to that but later I asked him to talk to my parents as I was feeling he is honest in the interest and his family was also interested.

Later he came to my home to ask my parents and spoke to them, they were not deciding anything at that time but he seemed to be very geniue in his interest.After a month his sister came to my home to stay for a day for some exam her stay at my home was insisted by him.

After this his elder sister's marriage happened for which he asked me to come to his place for talking further about our relationship with his family.I stayed in his home for 2 days every one liked me.his parents took me to his elder sister's in-laws home and every relative of him liked me very much including his parents.

Later i felt changes in his behaviour he was more into s*xual interest and talks with me but marriage talks were not seen.One day i came to know about his another relationship with a women whose name is same as his elder sister's. I was very disturbed as we were planning for marriage.We had many arguements regarding this but he coldy refused that he proposed or about marriage.

My parents tried calling him and his family but they said he is already married to another women and refused about everything.I was very assaulted and abused verbally and physically by him a lot of time.

When we were in relationship i used to give him money as he was acting emotional about his situation and i have shared all details about me my family my friends.but i came to know that he has not shared correct details about him,I was his 4th girlfriend.He never shared anything in writing about oru relationship.I was unaware of where he stays but he as often visited my home.

Now he is living with that women,I dont trust him again but recently he started his harassment through his friends.I gave a complaint on him about this for which he tried to prove that he dint do anything and i am having another relationship with someother guy.I am pyscologically disturbed a lot by this and feel to take a strong action about this as its affecting me a lot.Pls guide me on what is possible.

Thanks.

Learning

13 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     02 December 2011

What do you want?

For money given to him, you can file a civil suit of recovery, no other claim is made out.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Priya (SW)     02 December 2011

Thank you for the suggestion. I am not concerned about the money given to him. I want to take action for cheating in the name of marriage. And i want to stop this harassment

appanavenkateswararao (advocate)     03 December 2011

you did not mention your age. any way for the mental tension you suffered, you can launch criminal case against that man and if police refuses to put upthe case, you can directly file case into court through an advocate, and pray the court, to register the case and send the case to police for propr investigation as refer to police, so that and then police investigagte the case calling for witnesses on your side and then file the report before the court and so that you can get redress but in any case, the help f the advocate isnecessary.  Please consult thoseadvocates who are actually visitng and practising on criminal side.  This is for your information and this my opinion only and if any expert gives any opinion better than me yo can follow and yo can ignore my opinion.  

with best wishes

appana venkateswara rao

advocate

rajahmundry - 533101

BALAGURURAJ (ADVOCATE)     03 December 2011

i beleine that you are hiding some detail. if  it is not possible to reveal here approach a legal expert in your area .wil helpful to you

Arif Iqbal (Advocate)     03 December 2011

The whole matter seems to be blurry. Please be more specific and clear

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     04 December 2011

I gather from your narrative that, though you were close to each other and in the beginning he made you believe that he was interested in marrying you, you did not have any actual physical relationship. If so, thank your good fortune. You have not written where you are staying. As you say that you are working for an MNC, it may be one of the big cities. If so there will be some women’s organizations. You can approach them for help. I think that what you want now  is only that you want to keep that fellow at bay. With many girls going out to far off places for work or for education, many predators are on the prowl. So watch out.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     05 December 2011

Hmmm

Cheating requires diffirent things to be proved.

Stealing someone's emotions is not prosecutable in law.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Priya (SW)     08 December 2011

thanks to everyone for the advices. i am 25 years old and working in chennai.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     12 December 2011

You may try to contact one of these:

Further to my earlier post I give below some addresses:

Collective,

Women'sCollective

No.10,EastStreet,

Kolathur,  Chennai, 600099

Phone+91-44-25507983, +91-44-25505382  Fax+91-44-25501257

Email enquiry@womenscollective.net,

womenscollective1@gmail.com

Penkal Pathukappu Sangam

MS Kalpana, +(91)-44-66324266, +(91)-9962293343

No 162/15, Near Waves Show Room, 

Golden Jublee Falts Padi Kuppam Road, 

Anna Nagar, Chennai - 600040

https://workingwomensforum.org/

Dr. Jaya Arunachalam

55, Bhimasena Garden Street,

Mylapore,

Chennai-600 004, India

Phone Number: +91-44-24992853 / 2499 3937

Fax: +91-44-24992853

E-mail ID: wwforum@eth.net

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     12 December 2011

I believe that iducing a woman to hae relationship on the promise of marriage, not intended to be fulfilled is rape.  please consult your lawyer or the NGO as suggested above. If there is any such judgement they may be having a copy

Priya (SW)     14 December 2011

thank you Dr Ramani and Sudhir sir. I will contact the organisations.

Mohana Varma (FAMILY COUNSELOR WOMEN EMPOWERMENT TRAINING TECHNICAL CONSULTANT)     30 January 2012

The Grudge developed in you seems that your intention is to fix that guy. Remember it's not a support to him but you too are at teh wrong table.

To avoid such issues Marriages are made to a legal mean where there would be some scope to file a suite. 

NOT ONLY TO YOU BUT TO ALL THE GIRLS DONOT BELIEVE THE BOYS WHO SAY I WILL MARRY YOU AND THAT YOU KEEP ME SATISFIED BY PHYSICAL MEANS. !!!!THAT GUY OR MAN IS A BIG CHEAT!!!

The best way for the girls is to stay away from such stray men. EVEN AFTER  YOU FEEL THAT YOU WERE CHEATED YOU ARE MAINTAINING A RELATION WITH SOME OTHER NEW GUY. SO THERE IS SOME PROBLEM FROM YOUR SIDE TOO.

Think in cool. You will understand what you did and what you are doing. Donot poise yourself. there is nothing great in this world better than our own will power. Once again stay cool for some time and think over, you need not ask anyone for support.

Priya (SW)     20 April 2012

Hi. Yes you are right. I am only getting suggestions from everyone as to carry on with future.

But what was my fault in this. That man has already had relation with two girls. He was planning his life with 3rd women in same time when he had proposed me. His family know all this. I have believed to marry that person and told my family regarding him. He came to my house to meet my parents. He got money from me also. But later only i know all this information about him. Is this not fraud? how can i leave without taking action. Recently i tried to take legal action but there was no use evidence is not there for me. 

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register