LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar ( )     19 February 2010

Please help - Transaction fraud

I was a holder of HSBC credit card. A transaction amount of around Rs.10000 was listed on my credit card statement.

But the transaction was not done by me. I defended with the bank that I cannot make the payment but the bank did not do proper investigation and made me liable for the transaction. Still, I am fighting with the bank. I have all the proofs with me to clearly say that the transaction is not done by me.

Now, the problem is bank has made me in the defaulter's list because of which i am not getting any loan or could not apply for any banking products with other banks.

Can anybody help me what should i do to remove my name from defaulter's list?

Should I file a compalint against the bank?

Learning

9 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     19 February 2010

I advise you to consult an advocate and ask them to produce statements from the bank to show the reciepts for the payment made for 10K under Right to Information Act. Then contest the case to show you have not made any transactions relating to that amount. Somebody might have transacted with your account.

I asked the bank to send the proof. They sent me the copy of transaction slip.

I was shocked to see the slip that had different signature. It has been notified to bank and argued with them saying that this transaction is not done by me. They simply going on saying that i am liable for the transaction at any cost.

Should I file a case with this proof?

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     19 February 2010

Yes. You can contest the case saying that transaction is not done by you. Let the handwriting experts examine the said reciept and say that is not your signature. Meanwhile I suppose you are having your card with you and you never had lost it.

1 Like

I closed my account long back. Anybody can say that the signature in the slip is not mine because it is with different name. Even HSBC asked me to tear the card. But, I have the statements, scanned copy of my card with me. I hope I can file a case keeping all these things.

I have already logged a complaint in The Banking Ombudsman, Reserve Bank of India, Mumbai. I have complaint no. also with me.

Waiting for the reply. I already cancelled the card long back.

Kanaksinh P.Boda (Educationist/Lawyer)     19 February 2010

You need not wait for reply. You may at the same time file a case in Consumer Forum, for deficiency in serivice, harassment, mental tension and demand compensation for the hardship caused to you by the Bank.

shrikant chede (law officer)     20 February 2010

Follow the advice of shri K.P. Boda

vishnu vardhana rao (Advocate-Notary)     27 February 2010

Yes, I do agree with Sri K.P.Boda ji ,file a case in Consumer Forum-Lawyer Vishnu

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register