Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jamai Of Law (propra)     07 December 2010

'Perjury by wife' doesn't exculpate husband unless..........

'Perjury by wife' doesn't necessarily exculpate the husband completely  unless the 'instance of Purjury' is relevant to the allegations made against the husband by the Wife....and unless those 'specific' allegations are liable 'to get demolished and lose any substance' owing to perjury...........and unless..............Wife hasn't made any other serious allegations against the husband .......which are likely to be proved............... vide evidence furnished by the wife.......

The question here is " Who on earthmakes only genuine allegations, now a days,  with honestly? People make 100 allegations, out of which 50 are genuine and again out of which 30 are supported with genuine evidence"

Wife commited perjury..it doesn't mean that Hubby was "clean"......

I say that...rather females with less credibility in the walks of life are subjected to even more levels and extent of atrocities by males, more oftem than not, as such females  had lost the social sympathy and are virtually left with no place to go where they are heard without a bias.

Please comment you views.

Learning

3 Replies

Bhaskar for SOCIAL JUSTICE (Legal & Social Activist)     07 December 2010

My view is that anybody files cases on true allegations then there are more chances of winning the case in comparison tro false allegations.

Moreover, i suggest always try to reconcile no matter if one party has to do more sacrifice then other because this is life of many persons which is spoiled in these cases.

Try to reconcile or take mutual consent divorce.

sachin sethi (Advocate (Crimial Law))     07 December 2010

My friend look at the world around you,, now a days you can not say that woman are facing the atrocities alone...if u compare the status of man vs. woman now a days you will also find that men are also facing atrocities at the hands of their wives, in the form of false prosecution of the dowry etc.. there are more often than not the ideological differences between the parties,,but entire family you see is implicated in the prosecution of dowry...even trifles gets the shapes of dowry prosecution...just imagine the position of a man waiving as a penduluom between his mother and wife....and you say that perjury do not exculpate the husband....i ask one thing that in modern days era when female are claiming equalities in every sphere of life then why should not there be equal laws for both man and woman....have u ever seen any of the provision for support of husband.......why should not the principle of  " falsus in uno falsus in omnibus" should be applicable in India....what do you say regarding instances of over implication in dowry proceedings....if wife has committed perjury then she also deserves punishment....if there is no exculpation of husband then why the wife should be exculpated form the punishment of perjury......... 

Jamai Of Law (propra)     10 December 2010

Sachin ji

You comments deserve appreciation

You wrote : "if there is no exculpation of husband then why the wife should be exculpated form the punishment of perjury"

Perjury is often swept under the carpet and Judiciary is also  turning a blind eye towards 'Perjury'.....

Fear of law is diminished in our country.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register