LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kamlesh (other)     15 February 2012

Pedhinama for legal heir

Dear Experts : My Grand Father and Grand Mother is having an locker in a Bank and has property on his name, But they did not did any will or assigned any nomination in their Bank Accounts, Locker and property. In my Grand father's family he has 2 son and 2 daughters. My Father, Uncle and 2 aunty. My uncle is not married and aged approx 50 Years plus and from my father, only me and my sister is there.

Pl.  suggest how can we operate the locker, Bank account and transfer the property to it's legal heirs. Bank asked to prepare the pedhinama and submit us with one surity and sign the indemnity bond. I request you to suggest how to get the pedhinama and what all details required. Pl. let me know if you need any more information.:(

Learning

8 Replies

Both my Grand Father and Grand Mother died and i have their Death Certificate.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     15 February 2012

You wiii have to apply for the succession certficate from the civil court.  you uncle is also legal heir.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     15 February 2012

Succession certificate is necessary for that.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     15 February 2012

Obtain succession from Court

Chaitanya_Lawyer_Mumbai (Lawyer)     15 February 2012

The property will be divided in 4 equal shares,2 sons & 2 daughters.

What is the process to get the succession certificate. Do i need to do any affidevit or file any petetion for that ?

Chaitanya_Lawyer_Mumbai (Lawyer)     16 February 2012

Normally an affidavit alongwith indemnity bond will suffice.

Kamlesh (other)     18 February 2012

Thanks, IT means I have to just made an affidevit or pedhinama in Civil court and submit it to Bank and sign the idemnity bond, Correct me if i am wrong.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register