Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajesh (mgr)     24 August 2010

pay protection in joining psu

sir,

I recently joined a leading psu from a Nationalised bank....But my PSU  HR dept is not accepting my request to protect my basic pay from the nationaised bank.I submitted last drawn salary slip and still denying.

What will I do sir.Its natural justice to protect my basic pay as Nationalised  Bank is also a PSU under Finance ministry.But  my current HR manager saying if mentioned in  appointment letter then only  I have the right to clame pay protection.Its learned that Central Govt is giving pay protection to all employees joining from PSU.How will I represnt my case sir..any one  pls advise me.....any such orders from govt pls provide me the details sir..rgds.....raj

Learning

15 Replies

mahendrakumar (marketing)     25 August 2010

there are no such pay protection rules common for all PSUs.

It depends on the individual staff rules.

AJAY KUMAR (Marketing Officer)     09 September 2010

Originally posted by :rajesh
"
sir,

I recently joined a leading psu from a Nationalised bank....But my PSU  HR dept is not accepting my request to protect my basic pay from the nationaised bank.I submitted last drawn salary slip and still denying.

What will I do sir.Its natural justice to protect my basic pay as Nationalised  Bank is also a PSU under Finance ministry.But  my current HR manager saying if mentioned in  appointment letter then only  I have the right to clame pay protection.Its learned that Central Govt is giving pay protection to all employees joining from PSU.How will I represnt my case sir..any one  pls advise me.....any such orders from govt pls provide me the details sir..rgds.....raj
"

Dear Rajesh,

As per FR 22 your salary should be protected if you have applied through proper channel. Even your service will be counted, your leave will be transfer, your gratuity will be transfered. You may please go through the HR mannual of that PSU, in that it should be mentioned in their HR mannual also.

I can give you reference of  court case also for your reference if you provide me your email id or if you call me on my number -

Regards

AJAY KUMAR

email:- ajayyadav23@hotmail.com

AJAY KUMAR (Marketing Officer)     09 September 2010

Originally posted by :rajesh
"
sir,

"

Attached File : 21 21 dpe guidelines.doc downloaded: 1270 times

Somnath Biswas (clerk)     01 November 2010

Sir,

I am an ex-serviceman (basic:11440 pay band I) and joined in Corporation Bank. Now what will be my basic after getting pay protection.

(Guest)

Dear Rajesh,

If services of employees of your organisation are governed under the provisions of the FR & SR in that HR cannot refuse pay protection and your basic pay will have to be protected. But, if your organisaion has framed separare service rules other than the FR &SR, you will have to refer the provisions of the rspectiv service rules. But, normally the CPUs have to frame their rules ithin he framework of the Central Government Rules.

So, please check with the HR of your oranisation whether the services are guided by the FR & SR or by some different set of rules.

PS Dhingra

CEO cum Management & Vigilance Consultant

Dhingra Group of Consultants

New Delhi

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Somnath Biswas
"
Sir,

I am an ex-serviceman (basic:11440 pay band I) and joined in Corporation Bank. Now what will be my basic after getting pay protection.
"

Dear Biswas,

If you are already drawing any pension out of the service in defence services, your basic pay can also get reduced by the pension and pension equivalent of gratuity while fixing pay in the new post. Othrwise your pay can get protected if the post does not involve higher responsibilities, as you may not draw less pay than that drawn in your previous post. But, if you have been transferred from your previous post and the present post involves higher responsibility, the pay can be fixed as if promotion has been granted to you.

Parag Chatterjee (xxxx)     15 March 2011

Dear all,

Pls see the attacvhed file it may solve ur problem.

Attached File : 9 9 cltr 103 64 ex servicemen.doc downloaded: 913 times

jayakumar1927@gmail.com (jayakumar1927@gmail.com)     24 March 2011

Dear Sir/s,

Greetings!

I was working in a private deemed university at Bangalore for 6 years with a time scale pay of Rs.8000-275-13500/-.  Last year I joined a Tamil Nadu State Government University through proper channel.  When they fixed my salary, the state university finance section fixed my pay with the initial pay of Rs. 8000-275-13500/- without considering my last basic pay of Rs.10200/-.  I have lost my 6 years of increment.  

When I took up my grievance, the authorities say pay protection is applicable only to govt employee joining another govt department/institution and not for private employee joining govt service. Can any legal professionals help me to find the truth. Does the law protect only the govt servants and not the private employees? Is there any precedence or court ruling? Hope I would get help from this respected forum.

Thanks and regards

jayakumar_kn@yahoo.com

Dr B K Tripathi (Assistant Professor)     04 May 2011

Dear sir

I am working in a UP state govt. engineering institute (HBTI Kanpur) as associate professor from 02 years with a scale pay (PB-4) Rs. 37400-67000/-, 9000 AGP. Before that I was working as assistant professor in pay scale 12000-18000 (pre revised). In nov. 2010 I was selected as Assistant Professor in IIT Roorkee (Central govt.). They fixed/offered me PB-3 with Basic 30000/- + 8000 AGP+three non compounded increments. There is difference of Approx. 10000 in gross salary in my current post and new post.  

When I took up my grievance, the authorities say pay protection will not be given. They are saying, I should negotiate at the time of interview. At the time of interview I presented my old pay scale (PB-4) and requested to fix me as per rules, in writing.

Now, They are saying “you will be placed in PB-4 after three years”. I have already completed three years as Assistant Professor in pay scale 12000-18000 (pre revised). They have counted this experience. Therefore I should be placed in PB-4 now.

I heard the pay protection is applicable to govt employee, joining central govt. service from another state/central govt. department/institution. Can any legal professionals help me to find the truth. Does the law protect only the govt. servants like my case? Is there any precedence or court ruling? Hope I would get help from this respected forum.

Is it will be protection of basic or gross pay.

for any further info. required pl mail me.

Thanks and regards

abkt.iitk@gmail.com

Debasish das (Sr Executive)     12 May 2011

Sir,
I am working in a PSU organization under DPE . I  got an oppurtunity  in Sr Manager position in a nationalized bank .
But my current basic is in IDA pattern and 25% more than the basic of that bank.

Can u please tell me whether I may get any pay protection of my bisic salary or not if I join in that bank ?

I hard that there are diff rule in nationalize bank than a PSU.

Thanks,
Debasis Das
Kolkata

d_das2004@rediffmail.com

dhirender sharma (Govt Auditor)     16 March 2012

Dear Sir,

I working in the capacity of Assistant Audit Officer in Indian Audit and Accounts Department controlled by CAG of India. My current basic pay is Rs. 19270 including GP of 4800. I am still on probation and my appointment is against a permanent post. 
Recently I got selected through UPSC for a post in Ministry of Information and Broadcasting carrying GP of 4600. Now I have requested them to give me pay protection as I have already crossed the earlier pay.

Sir, you are requested to kindly help me out whether i can demand pay protection if yes under which rule of FR.. I badly need this sir…

D. K Sharma

murali (asst manager)     04 April 2012

as per provisions of pay protection in  central PSU's,Department of public enterprises has not issued any circulars for employees below board level employees. For board level employees there are guilines. At the time of interview it should be ascertained from the employer about payprotection. also it should be ensured about payprotection in the appointment letter. if appointment letter is silent regarding pay protection we should writtenly seen clarification regarding payprotection from the employer.

many CPSU have the clause of pay protection in their service rules for the executives coming from other CPSU.DPE has openied that the pay protection will be as per respective managements of CPSU.

better approach the management diplomatically showing/enclosing the various payprotection policies of various CPSU(we get get payprotection policies by RTI act from CPSU concerned) also enclosing various financial liabilities on you due to reduction in basic pay by writtenly enclosing the periodic commitment of payments like houseloans and insurance policies etc. and try to approach  GM rank and above officials regarding the issue.

after your complete efforts,rest god will take care.

kollimdhar@yahoomail.com

murali (asst manager)     04 April 2012

as per provisions of pay protection in  central PSU's,Department of public enterprises has not issued any circulars for employees below board level employees. For board level employees there are guilines. At the time of interview it should be ascertained from the employer about payprotection. also it should be ensured about payprotection in the appointment letter. if appointment letter is silent regarding pay protection we should writtenly seen clarification regarding payprotection from the employer.

many CPSU have the clause of pay protection in their service rules for the executives coming from other CPSU.DPE has openied that the pay protection will be as per respective managements of CPSU.

better approach the management diplomatically showing/enclosing the various payprotection policies of various CPSU(we get get payprotection policies by RTI act from CPSU concerned) also enclosing various financial liabilities on you due to reduction in basic pay by writtenly enclosing the periodic commitment of payments like houseloans and insurance policies etc. and try to approach  GM rank and above officials regarding the issue.

after your complete efforts,rest god will take care.

kollimdhar@yahoomail.com

RAVINDER KUMAR BHARDWAJ (ACCOUTANT)     04 October 2012

Sir,

I have recently resigned from SBI and joined central govt job. I joined SBI as an exserviceman and was later selected through ssc. In bank my pay was fixed as per pay protection to exserviceman. I disclosed all the facts to my parent organisation prior to joining in all the documets which were filled by me. I took relaxation of only age not of exserviceman while joining central govt. I had applied for the permision to appear in ssc exam from my previous employer. I was properly releived by SBI.

Will I get my pay protected which I was gettin in State Bank of India which comes under PSU. Pl guide.

Thanks & regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register