LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aparna Birnale (Student)     28 October 2011

Patent agent exam 2012

Hii..Myself,Aparna, doing M.Sc.Biotech final year now, after completing my course I want to join in IP India. So, as per my information the only way to begin carreer in IP after P.G.in Biotech is patent agent by qualifying patent agent exam, isn't it? Or is there any other option? When the notification for the exam will release? Can anyone suggest me how can I prepare within short time and which material should I use as I do not have that much time for preparation?

Can one do any other course along with the job of patent agent? How is this carreer for fresher M.Sc. in Biotechnology..? what will be the basic salary?

Reply kindly soon.

Thanks and Regards!! in advance..

Learning

3 Replies

ROHIT KUMAR SHUKLA, LL.M. (advocate)     29 October 2011

Dear Aprna,

I suggest you go through the Patent Practice Manual carefully along with the Act itself. Have a look at the question papers for last two years only since the pattern has changed. Read a few specifications relating to science or engineering (depending on your background) to understand the basic style of drafting which should be enough for the exam. There is a lexis nexis book for patent agent exam preparation you may take help from this book.

Good Luck!

Rohitshukla.adv@gmail.com

1 Like

Dr.A.V.Ramana Rao (Advocate)     07 December 2011

Dear Aparna,

You are taking a good decision in becoming a PA to deal with IP Matters.You can practice as an IP Agent even when you are otherwise and  elsewhere employed.Bio Informatics is the most competent subject.

To know about how to go you may Refer the book "Patent Agent Examination " by Sheetal Chopra & Dr.Akash Jain.(Lexis Nexis-Butterworths Wadhwa, Nagpur are publishers) This book is available in Law Books shops. 

I am a candidate for this 2012 Exmn.and awaiting NotificationThis book is good .

I am an Advocate in A.P.,H.C.,Hyd.

Dr.A.V.Ramana Rao,

Mob:98492  37029

1 Like

Shirsanka Saha (Sr.manager)     30 May 2012

Mr.Rao and Mr.Shulka,

Thanks for your suggestions..

I am from automotive electronics domain . May be it will add value in near future. I have little bit experience about patent drafting. By the way I am determine to face the exam. 

regards

Shirsanka Saha

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register