LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VIKAS GARG (LAWYER)     08 November 2009

parliamentary secretary

today in haryana besides some ministers parliamentary secretary are administered the oath. i want to know under which law parliamentary secretary  is appointed?

Learning

7 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     08 November 2009

Can you tell us under which law ministers take oath? if you tell the name of law, similar law is applicable in the case of parliamentary secretaries.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     08 November 2009

I donot know the law.

President takes oath under Art.60 and Ministers take oath under Article 75(4) of the Constitution.

There is no post of Deputy Prime Minister or Minister of State or Parliamentary Secretary. Similarly, you add the words additional, joint, deputy, under to the Minister and have them. 

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     08 November 2009

Dear Vikas, with the down sizing of ministry, came the age of parlimentary Secretaries. We are now entering the age of parlimentry Secretaries. It's just the old wines in new bottles.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     08 November 2009

Nehru started it.

Today, these are rewards as name changes but they re no less than full-fledged ministers in privileges and perks. They are as much a drag on public finance as ministers are.

VIKAS GARG (LAWYER)     10 November 2009

yeah under constitution but i dont find parlimentary secretary there

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     10 November 2009

Secretary is a common post and parliamentary secretaries means the secretaries holding the assembly work.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     12 November 2009

They are accommodated for their support to government.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register