LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anand das (service)     24 October 2011

Parents maintenance-legal provisions

One of my friends is being troubled by his parents (mother & father) for money. Is there any legal provision for separation or cutting relations with parents legally?

Facts of the case:- My friend is married since last 8 years. He stayed with parents for first 4 years and was giving them money every month for running house. There broke some disputes between them and he along with his wife left parents and started living separately. Its 4 years now he is living separately. However, he continued to give his parents a monthly amount of Rs 4,000/- till last month. Apart from this monthly money of Rs 4,000/- , they duped him of some 2-3 lakhs rupees. Now he does not want to give them any money and have any contact with them and break relations legally. Is there any provision for such situation.

Learning

7 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     24 October 2011

CRPC Sec 125 for all. mainteanace

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     25 October 2011

A son can not disown parents.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

anand das (service)     24 March 2012

I have just come across the following act. I have not gone through it yet. But i think provisions of this act will apply-

"Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior citizens Act 2007"

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     24 March 2012

The Act which you referred to is enacted for the welare of the old people and they are entitled to get maintenance from their children.

In this highly inflated financial conditions, both the parents cannot survive with Rs.4,000/-.  They are entitled to atleast minimum wages, if your friend can afford.  You have not said that whether your friend inherited any thing from his parents or there is substantial immovable property lying with his parents.

The court protects the parents. 

1 Like

anand das (service)     28 March 2012

no. my friend has not inherited anything from parents.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     30 March 2012

Even then he is obliged to maintain his parents.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register