LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vikash yadav (not applicable)     23 May 2012

Opinion for bank loan

sir pl guide me some advocate of bank told me that the gift deed is not a good title deed and normally banks are aviod to disbrush loan on gift deed. since these are challangeable.if is it so,  pl give detail reply with case law.

is the gift deed is a weak document?

Learning

2 Replies

pervez (adviser)     23 May 2012

Dear, the advocate who has suggetsed you that ' gift deed is weak document' might not be knowing about the manners by which the immovable property can be trasferred under Transfer of Property Act. As per the Act, the Gift is one of the mode of transfer of immovable property and the deed is very well a valid doc. This is subject to the fact that the gift deed is properly registered with sub registrar and the name of donee is mutated in the revenue records.

Revocation of gift is not possible after completing with these formalities...

Regards

Devender Kumar Khurana (Proprietor)     23 May 2012

Unjustified and exhorbitant Interest and Incidental Charges charged on Housing Loan

I have taken housing loan of Rs. 1.16 lac from HDFC and paying EMIs regularly. As on last March, 2011 the pending EMIs were 9 which was verbally confirmed by their collection agent. I was receiving pre-printed reminders to pay EMIs, in case of some delayed payment, and for those reminder they charge Rs. 25/- each. I was receiving these reminders twice/thrice in one month (charges for each Rs. 25/-). Also due to some personal grudge of the recovery officer cheques were sent for collection off late resulting Bank debited delayed interest. I keep on sending them letters informing all and also writing that it will be their on cost and risk and I shall not be liable to pay interest as well as Incidental charges (which is now Rs. 5000/-). Now I got a notice from their lawyer to pay total amount of Rs. 50,000/- which includes 20 pending EMIs, Interest and Incidental Charges. Since Bank has not replied any of my query as well as no statement of account and intimation of interest charged in my account has been sent inspite of repeated reminders, I am unable to know whether the amount asked to pay is correct or not. What is the option available ? Should I pay total amount under protest but in such case I am sure nothing will be refunded and no justification will be provided. Second option is that whatever correct amount I feel as per my record I should pay and ask for details of other amount . Should I send the payment directly to Housing Bank or to Advocate ?

Devender Kumar Khurana

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register