LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

One Grave Mistake of Advocates

I have seen that generally advocates do not take "certified copies" of their proceedings.

This is a very Grave mistake on their part.

Why ??????

Remember--Delhi's Udhaar  Cinema Kand Case ( just an hypotheses),it is said that files relating to this case were tempered lying in the court record room.

Now think that you are just to win a case,a huge property is on stake,but suddenly a fire breaks in the Court Record room,how will you  prove your case now----start every thing from zero or what---the other party won't commit the same mistakes now.

So I feel "certified copy" of each and every document related to our cases should be taken from the court itself as soon as possible,which is generally not practice as strictly I am suggesting.

Plz. contribute.

Learning

8 Replies

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     29 August 2010

Yes, it is true Tusharji that we must keep the "certified copies" of each and every proceedings, even I have gone thru a case that oppo. party adv. poured ink on vital document/part of the case record.

1 Like

Sameer Sharma (Advocate)     30 August 2010

Well in my opinion, every professional Adv. have to take certified copy after every hearing, in corporate language it can be termed as "Back-up" before any misfortune happen.

1 Like

P.K.Haridasan (Advocate)     01 September 2010

Advocates are like cows. They will search for new fields to graze. It is correct that they will not get enough time to look back. The office with efficient staff is an asset to the Advocate.  Beter  go for good back up support

1 Like

(Guest)

Mr. PK Haridasan,should I understand by your reply that U support the idea of taking certified copies of each and every court document related to our cases,Please elaborate your ideas.

Talvinder Kaur (Advocate)     03 September 2010

You are absolutely correct. I also suggest certified copies to be taken in each case since there are several opportunities available to the advocates themselves to destroy the judicial file like pouring ink during inspection or making inspection with pen instead of pencil. Therefore, certified copies must be taken in each and every case of all the relevant documents.

Yaseen Mohammad (Advocate)     04 September 2010

I agree with P.K.Haridasan

1 Like

P.K.Haridasan (Advocate)     04 September 2010

IN OLD DAYS IT WAS A N ADDITIONAL SOURCE OF INCOME   TO ADVOCATE CLERKS  TO TAKE COPIES OF THE ENTIRE PROCEEDINGS/REPORTS. NOWADAYS IT IS ALSO A COSTLY AFFAIR. SO THE ADVOCATE MUST PIN POINT WHAT  DOCUMENT COPIES   ARE NECESSARY . I FULLY SUPPORT THAT  IT IS  A MUST. I REMEMBER A CASE IN WHICH SUPREME COURT ORDERED TO  SURRENDER   CERTAIN  LANDED PROPERTY AS  PER THE  PLAN SUBMITTED BY ADVOCATE COMMISSIONER. TO THE WONDER SURPRISE  IT WAS NOT SEEN IN THE LOWER  COURT DOCUMENTS. THE COURT  CLERK IN CHARGE PASSED AWAY. THE ADVOCATE LEFT INDIA . THE COPIES OF THE DOCUMENT COULD NOT BE TRACED   POOR CLIENT LOST THE PROPERTY FOR WANT OF A CERTIFIED COPY OF THE PLAN. 

1 Like

R.Ranganathan (Advocate)     09 September 2010

It is always better to have certified copies of the Court proceedings and the Exhibits as a Back up for future reference and as proof. But the only constraint will be the space in the Advocate's office. Anyway it is advisable to have it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register