LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sarathy veeraraghavan (SALES PROFESSIONAL)     08 May 2010

need your advice sarathy

Marriage was fixed through matrimony website,my self was working on behalf of icici bank personal loans and was earning well, i told a lie that i have completed degree, but i was having arrears,i did not consult my family for marriage, my wife had a brain tumor knowing this i married her, my family members said no for the marriage, and considering my wife health i asked my father in law to see a house near by them,but unfortunately every thing went bad first i got a loan from my father in law of rs 50000 before marriage, because my father was not financially sound to conduct the marriage,to buy dresses and mangal sutra for my wife for that purpose i borrowed from my father in law,without any interest,  and i lost my job in icici after marriage and suffered for 6 months without a proper job so i pledged my wife jewels with her permission for 1,00,000, for which i gave a two blank cheque ,with interest from his friend both are state government employees, without a proper job was paying principal and interest ,  and my father in law threatened me that i will put a case by depositing your cheque ,for not paying the interest and principal, father in law does not believe me in sending my wife for a living . she had a brain tumor before marriage and i married her by knowing this, due to financial problem i pledged my wife jewel including( 150000). they even taken my jewel which they offered me on my marriage , i want a solution to live with my wife, they tortured me like anything because of this me and my wife got fight between, now they dont believe me sending their daughter with me , i want a solution whether to live with her or to divorce her.even my wife nodding her head what his father say . if she comes and stay alone with me i will take care of her, he used abused words to me and to my father, please suggest me what to do and now i have settled 60k out of 1,5 lakhs .they have taken all the things which they offered me on marriage like fridge, TV, washing machines and other house hold furnitures i have even given my wrist watch which they presented me on my marriage, i dont want their money and other things , am not money minded , my father in law gave me the loan through their friend both are in state government my father in law also done BA LLB , i need a solution for this big problem,i want to live with my wife permanently in my place but they are asking to stay near by them, i think this is not fair,please suggest me on this

Learning

5 Replies

Shalini Kaul (Independent Legal Practitioner)     08 May 2010

Dear Veeraraghavan,

Your problem is not really a legal issue alone. Your family life is being affected by your financial instability. Firstly you need to financially stabilise. That may help to alleviate the difficulties you are facing. If you still have problem in getting your wife to stay with you, then you may initiate a petition for restitution of conjugal rights in a family court. 

1 Like

sarathy veeraraghavan (SALES PROFESSIONAL)     09 May 2010

mam, thanks for your advise, now i may be financially not stable, before marriage when i borrowed the loan they donot know my financial status, they came to my house and it was such a small house and they said we donot bother about the house we need good chararcter, i said donot estimate by seeing my house i will take care of her, once i lost my job, after marriage the story has changed they started blaming on me for every thing, you are not equal to our status and am not trying for the job, i tried every where, but i faced the problem if i achieve the salary i will be paid then no salary was paid even i had a job, now i am earning 10k, per month, why my father in law and his friend who gave me the loan can give me some time to settle , by the mean time i can live with my wife , after you get salary hike you can pay the loan , if they have good heart they can say like that, for that they are saying you pay the loan first let my daughter stay with me we wiill not send our daughter to your place , a man has failures when there is no one to support me, my family is a small family  i have no mother, as my wife had a brain tumor i knowingly married her,,my father opposed not to marry her, my consideration was to give a life to my wife for that help iam suffering, now father saying that i will not speak to your father in law as he is not respecting me , and i have one and only aunt( my elder mother) what can she do as she is a female . she cannot fight alone to my father in law , this is my exact situation, my father in law has employed his daughter as a LIC agent and postal agent wantedly knowing my weakness and they are not allowing my wife to come and stay near with me .please give a solution for this

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     26 June 2010

Dear Author,

I do agree with the views of Mr. Prabhakar. But I want to discuss some more points with u, u can call me at 9871158578

1 Like

sarathy veeraraghavan (SALES PROFESSIONAL)     27 June 2010

Thanks for the reply mam, i do understand that i have to financially stabilise , but every husband likes wife to stay with husband and manage and support , but they re  telling to stay with them near by in law house they are not ready to send my wife for living, please suggest me on this

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register