LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pooja (developer)     03 April 2012

Need immediate help

had hearing in CJM court today . the hearing is complete but judge has kept the case to study further. our lawyer said that CJM will be giving his decision after 12 pm after going thru all the hearings due for today....

can anyone please tell me that if hearing has been done thn is judge bound to give his decision today... and what could be the chances of yes and no.

the case was of 498 A against my family where the main accused was my brother and rest of the family members. this hearing was for my brother-in-law (jijaji) who was sent to jail. he is not directly related to us and not even a permanent resident of city. moreover he has never been to my brother's place.

Learning

2 Replies

pervez (adviser)     03 April 2012

Dear, As per law and procedure, the judge is not bound to pronounce order / decision on the same day of final hearing after evidence is over.. He may even reserve the verdict to be pronounced at a later date.. Regards

Deepak Nair (lawyer)     03 April 2012

The judge is not at all under an obligation to pass the judgment/order on the day of finishing argument.

But, certain judges orally passes order on the same day and some judges reserves the order for some other day.

In your case, if the CJM has reserved the order to be passed after 12'O clock, then it is likely to be passed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register