LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bolo (NA)     14 March 2010

need advise

I'm falsely implicated in 498a,406,506 cases, now the court forwarded my wife and me to the meditation center. my wife told that they have give jewels as dowry (which i never got), then the meditation person asked her to produce the bill copies.

she produced 2 original bill (2001 and 2006) and other bill copies are estimation copies.

My question

1. All things that she has told are false (i never asked her dowry or ill-treated her). she is asking 7 lakhs

2. what is the power of the meditation center?

3. If i don't attend the mediatation center. what will happen to me (any effect on the case)?

4. My mother was also falsely implicated in the case. whether she can file a RTI to know the result of the meditation and number of times the parties attended the meditation center

5. how long it will take to close this false cases?

please help me

Learning

5 Replies

MOHANA SUNDARAM (Advocate High court Madras. M-9840908555)     15 March 2010

meditation?

i think it is mediation center.

my answers:

1) your first point is not a question but a self explanaotry statement

2) mediation center has no legal power except to conduct conciliation proceeding

3) if you fail to appear before mediation center, they will mark your absence and remand back the case to the court for trial.

4) i have no idea whether RTI is applicable to mediation center

5) time limit cannot be predicted as it may depend upon various factors.

Deeps (Software engineer)     15 March 2010

Just that she has produced the original bills it doesn't mean that they have given you the same. Just say I don't received anything and she is lying and use the same statement(Given jewels as dowry) made by her to file a case against her under DP act i.e "Giving dowry is a crime and punishment can be upto 5 years more than 498a" .  I assume you are already out on bail ..so don't go for any compromise at this stage since you have already undergone hell.

bolo (NA)     15 March 2010

Thanks for the reply.

Can i use the bill (estimation bills) that she gave to the meditation center as a evidence to the court in the trail ?

Deeps (Software engineer)     21 March 2010

I don't have much idea about on whether the documents produced during mediation can be used as the evidence in the trials or not...lets wait till our learned counsels share thier expertise here. But as far my knowledge if it is allowed then this estimation bills cannot be used in the trials of 498a,406 and 506..because these sections deals with different crimes and this evidence is irrelavant here.

But don't be disheartened...try to get out of the mediation center softly without agreeing for any compensation...let the trail begins...fight the case...trust me this is what many successful fighters used the strategy. Become a member in www.498.org and read the successful stories there.

Pragnesh Nathavat (physical therapist)     21 March 2010

fight those 498 girls, and make them lose badly. give a strong fight in court. As those "498 darlings" are wrong, they will hate to attend the court and they will feel like a hell when they have to come into witness box. And even though some may dare to come to witness box, trust me if u r right; those b*tches will never be able to prove any of the allegation made in her FIR. so relax and sleep well.....just visit the court regularly on date. all the best.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register