Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vs (na)     17 October 2010

mutual divorce

hi,

in chennai family court we have submitted mutual divorce petition on april 15 2010 and the court gave the date of hearing as 15 october 2010 since we have to wait a complusary wait period of 6 months. Now the chennai family court is on leave from 11 to 18 october as dasara holidays.My lawyer says once the court reopens it will give a new dtae for hearing and mutual divorce order will be issued there after. My question why did the court officials give me a date when they it will be a holiday? Now how long i need to wait to get the date and when will i get my order? i have gone through a lot last 1 year and i am very afraid if it will all start again from square 1.

Learning

4 Replies

Renuka Gupta ( Gender Researcher )     17 October 2010

Dear Vs

You can go to the family court and see on the notice board the reposting of dates. Mostly when due to holidays the cases are reposted, the notice board near the principal family court would display the dates on which your case is reposted. 

Without depending on your lawyer, you can go yourself and find out.

vs (na)     17 October 2010

will this be posted on the website of madras highcout?

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     17 October 2010

If dates are given in the holidays the case will be called on the reopening day definately.

chintoobhai (s)     17 October 2010

you yourself can go and check outside your court room no; first go to family court and check in which court your case is going on;outside that there will be list of cases and find of yours in it; after that if you both are agreed then on the first date your advocates can submit affidavit and you will be given for next date in front of judge; and finally on that day if both parties are present - only if filed under 13-b - or any one of them is present; order will be issued.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register