LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeep B (Confidential)     31 December 2009

Mutual consent divorce charges

I am looking forward for mutual consent divorce in Ghaziabad court.

I approached an advocate in Ghaziabad through internet only and he is saying that the total cost including everything will be aroung Rs 22000. Is this a valid cost or he is overcharging me?

Only extra favor he will be doing to me is that he will send the draft petition to me through courier in Chennai for signature so that I can save one extra round to Ghaziabad before the hearing date.

Please advise me on the cost...

Learning

11 Replies

rajkumar.vnm.marupeddi (advocate)     31 December 2009

Dear Sir,

A professional will incur lot of expenditure during the course of his work. There may be some incidental load of additional work to a professinal. If you can not afford to pay the fee demanded by him, do convince him or bargain. Or else, appraoch some other advocate who charges less or nothing. Even if  you happen to know the cost of the petition, you can not demand a professional to charge a particular amount,

Sandeep B (Confidential)     31 December 2009

I just wanted to know the approximate cost in my case through someone's experience so that I can have an idea.

(Guest)

the amount he has asked is reasonable, he is not overcharging if that cost includes everything.

Mark (senior manager)     01 January 2010

I approached a lawyer to seek divorce by mutual consent. I've married for 9 months only. The lawyer said that my alimony might be Rs 4 to 8 lakhs. How did he arrive at this figure and is it true? My monthly salary is 45K and my wife's salary is 15K. Is she eligible to receive alimony?

subhash kumar (advocate)     01 January 2010

dear sandeep, You may contact me on my mobile no 9899598059  and on my email ; subhashkumar1@rediffmail.com and shall definately help you to come out of this situation.

Subhash kumar, adv

1 Like

subhash kumar (advocate)     01 January 2010

Dear Mark, the alimony assessed in mutual divorce by mutually with help of the relatives and friends there is no fix parameter to assesses the same,

Subhash kumar, Adv

SARATHI VP Mr. (ADVOCATE)     01 January 2010

WHY DON'T YOU APPLY FOR DIVORCE IN CHENNAI ITSELF WHICH WILL COST YOU LESS? -www.divorcelawyerindia.com

SARATHI VP Mr. (ADVOCATE)     01 January 2010

IF THE WIFE HAS NO INDEPENDANT SOURCE OF INCOME AND THE HUSBAND HAS IT, THE COURT WILL ARRIVE AT THE ALIMONY AMOUNT TAKING INTO VARIOUS FACTORS BUT IT SHOULD BE REASONABLE TO SUSTAIN HER. PERIOD OF MARRIAGE IS IMMATERIAL- www.divorcelawyerindia.com

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     01 January 2010

So far matter of fee is concerned, it is a mutual accpetance. Regarding permanent alimony, I am not convinced on the opinion of your lawyer. It is also decided mutually between the parties before filing the mutual divorce petition and court has nothing to do in such mutual understanding except to pass the decree after fully satisfying it with legal formalities.

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     01 January 2010

mr. mark ,

she is not elligible for maintenance; but you have to fight for it. show his cruelty and she deserted you.

Sukhija (Advocate)     13 January 2010

fees of Advocate vary as per the work and ability of the client.

Maintenance can be decided as per the consent terms agreed by both parties.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register