LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

CheatedinMarriage (Employee)     13 February 2010

money or divorce

I have an sms in which my ex-wife asks me for money or divorce. If i can officizlly certify she made this statement. Does it amount to extortion and reason enough for divorce. She has filed harassment and cheating and all else possible on me.

Learning

8 Replies

subhash kumar (advocate)     13 February 2010

yes the sms will help in the case proceeding as an evidence

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     13 February 2010

Yes, smses form part of evidence but you have to substantiate extortion by her,, absence of harrassment and cheating by you   with other evidences as well. 

Meenakshi (Lawyer)     13 February 2010

Ex wife....U MEAN NO MORE YOUR WIFE, then how is she asking you for divorce?

Ex-wife may mean a wife with whom a man is not living with anymore, does not mean specifically a divorced wife, Meenakshi ji..   :)

Meenakshi (Lawyer)     13 February 2010

A wife is a wife if living seperately or together...and ex is usually refered to a chapter that is closed...A husband and wife may live in seperate homes for years but they shall still be Husband and wife untill a Divorce decree is passed....So suchitra i hope i cleared ur doubt well....

Mennakshi ji, I know what does Ex wife mean for those who know law, but for common people, it "may" be a wife with whom husband is not living with, any more. I agree you are right...

SWADHIN KUMAR JENA (LEGAL OFFICER)     13 February 2010

I'm agree with you.Mr. PrabhakarJI

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register