Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pawan (Others)     20 May 2012

Maritial status on social networking site

Hi,

My friend and his wife are facing few issues in thier maritial life.

Now his wife has changed her status to single in FB.

He knows all her passwords so he wants to change it to married in FB as they are not saparated now.

Will he be liable to be charged if he change her status on FB. Can this account to hacking a profile.

Will he be charged with any cases if his wife goes to the police station????

Thanks

Pawan

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

unauthorized access to gmail of husband,wife is liable to pay damages

BEFORE SH. RAJESH AGGARWAL, ADJUDICATING OFFICER, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ACT 2000, GOVERNMENT OF MAHARASHTRA, AT MANTRALAYA, MUMBAI — 400032
Complaint No. 2 of 2010 IN THE MATTER OF
1. Sh. Vinod Kaushik
2. Sh. Neeraj )Kaushik……..Complainants Through Mrs. S.R. Padhy, Advocate
Versus
1. Ms. Madhvika Joshi
2. Sb. Atul Tripathy
3. Ms. Monika Agnihotri
4. Cognizant Technology Solutions Pvt.
Respondents
Through Mrs. Vaishali Bhagwat, Advocate for R 1-3,
and Sh. Amit P. Gagh, Advocate for R-4
This case is primarily against Respondent No. I by her Father-n-Iaw and Husband (Complainants) for accessing their Gmail accounts and using some emails and chat session print outs as evidence in the Dowry Harassment case lodged by her ag&nst them. This case was originally heard by my predecessor Dr. Ajay Bhushan Pandey, and he passed order dismissing the Application on 9ll August 2010. Against this, the Complainant Sh Vinod Kaushik (along with  Sh. Neeraj Kaushik) appealed to Cyber Appellate Tribunal, where Hon’ble Justice Sh. Rajesh Tandon, Chairperson of the Tribunal passed order on 29” June 2011, asking the Adjudicating Officer to decide the matter afresh in accordance with the observations made in the order. Mainly these observations were regarding proper impleadment by Appellant No. 2 (Sh. Neeraj Kaushik) before Adjudicating Officer and second on whether proceedings against Respondent No. 4 (Cognizant https://www.lawweb.in/2012/04/nauthorized-access-to-gmail-of.html

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     20 May 2012

Dear Pawan

I think you have to read above judgement

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     20 May 2012

I think the judgemet produced here by Beni Prasad is sufficient. So it is better to go through judgement and think again and again before taking any illegal steps

Self service (None)     20 May 2012

Why worried about status on facebook? just handle what is happening in real life.

Your friend can use same as reason for divorce.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register