Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil Kumar Singh (engineer)     06 July 2011

Love marriage

Dear Sir/Mam

Good Evening,

I am Anil Kumar from visakhapatnam (Andhra pradesh).I have completed my Diploma in mechanical and i am present working with Wipro water.

I have a issue which i like to share and get proper guidance for my further life.

I have been in love with a girl named Augnes Augustine since 3 years who is also from vizag itself.We love each other and we are willing to marry each other. thing is that our affair matter came in to their parents notice and they have made house arrest to that girl.This happened on march 19th 2011 and her mother gave a police complaint on me in mahila police station at visakhapanam saying that i am teasing that girl and trapping her.

In returm police called me to the police station and they kept the girl and myself in front and they asked our opinion.then we both said that we both are willing to marry eachother.

But the problem as on that day was that the girl was one month minor so police was not able to conduct our marriage.

So their parents forcefully made us to write a letter saying that we will not be in contact for 2 years and after two years we can go ahead on our wish.

Now the girls parents have made her locked in a room and torturing her like anything.Now she is major she has overcome 18 years age on june-15th 2011

Now girl is 18 and im 23 we are eligible for our marriage and Augnes is going to support me in all aspects.

Now main problem is i cant speak to that girl because their parents are against our marriage and my parents are also against our marraige.We dont have support from our parents.

Augnes parents have locked her in a room and no contact is with her so that i can contact her and bring her out.and her mother is threatening me saying that if needed i will kill Augnes but i wont allow you people to marry.these words are worrying me more

Please suggest me how to approach to her home and to their parents and bring out my love Augnes and marry her.whose help i need to take..

Will government help me to get my love.and whom i need to contact either Human Rights/Lawyer/police station 

I cannot go alone to her home and get Augnes because they are threatening me to kill and and they have locked her in a room.

I am ready to do anything please give me a good suggestion how to bring her out and marry her and in this regard who is going to help me.

Waiting for your prompt response for my better future.

Regards,

Anil Kumar

Learning

9 Replies

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     06 July 2011

@Anil

I have sympathy to your situation and I completely understand that as a lover how you must be feeling.

MY OPINION

But I feel she is in her tender age. 18 has been marked by the Govt. as "minimum" age for a girl to marry and 21 for a boy. Do you think that at this minimum age you should marry her. As you say she has just turned 18, I feel she is yet to complete her college.

Marriage is no walk in the park. A relation which you are following since 3yrs did not included her upbringing nor did it included her expenses. All that was taken care of by her parents. But now when you marry her, you'll have to bear those extra expenses other than her education etc. Are you practically ready for all this?

You have to understand that your parents are not your enemies and if they are against your wishes you have to convince them. Similarly you have to assure the girl's parents that you are capable of taking care of the girl. With such approach you can get your desires fulfilled with your parents concern.

ANSWER TO YOUR QUERY

Now coming back to your query, you can take action by filing a writ of "habeas corpus" before the High Court of your state. You can mention your relation, and your desire to marry the girl. Also you can mention that the girl is confined against her wishes. With this you can easily get police protection as well as get the girl out of the home. Then if you wish you can marry her too.

Engage a good lawyer who is trust worthy and DO NO spend extravagently. Before you engage a lawyer, try and search for atleast 10 different lawyers and ask for their fees structure. Then see their reliability and then only enagage him/her.

All the best!!

//peace

/Saurabh..V

Dear Sir,

I am so happy with ur suggestion.Sir their parents agreed and me too agreed for 2 years then their parents should release her from house custody na.they din't they have kept her in a room and feeding her how long a human can bear this kind of torture.

So i have planned to bring her out legally and marry

Sir if i go through your way is going to work out sure with out any back fire and what all i need to take care prior to that.

And what kind of lawyer i need to arrange.

i am working with wipro as a mechanical engg

Regards,

Anil

@Anil

Any criminal lawyer or matrimonial lawyer could do this work.

There is only one thing that can back-fire:: Your GIRL. If she back-tracks, you are doomed. Think before you act.

This would ensure she gets her freedom back but then she might be turned out of her home permanently. In that case court would see that would she be happy with you and in comfort and where she herself wana go.

//peace

/Saurabh..V

Dear Sir,

Thanks for ur advise.girl rejecting me  and changing her words won't happen if so then what will be the next scene for me.

what will happen with me.

Regards,

Anil

@Anil

Nothing will happen. No need to worry. After High Court's order you could take police protection for both of you.

If you and your girl have decided to revolt against your parents then you arrange a rented accomodation. When court would allow your application then with police protection you could take your girl with you to your new rented home. Also before you take here there, you get you marriage registered with the marriage registrar. Also get all the requried things arranged to start your married life.

//peace

/Saurabh..V

Thanx for your advise till date i was in dilema stage donoo what to do now i will proceed as per your suggestions and get my life settled thanx for your advise sir

I will definetly post my updated status

Regards,

Anil 

Dear Sir,

I got a small doubt when we approach legally to her home if her mother says that Augnes is not there and she is not intrested then in that case wt  will be done.I assure her mother is going to give such kind of false statement

Please suggest sir

v.sreenivas sivaram (senior civil judge CUM ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER)     07 July 2011

Approach the secretary of the district legal services authority at vizag which is in the district court complex  and file an application stating your problem and documents if you have any and avail a lawyer free of cost and get the job done  ( no formal method is there for filing an application just write as you have done now addressing to the secretary) in case of doubt call the secretary on this no : 9440901061 in any case ask for police help from the secretary

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     07 July 2011

@Anil

If the court would order the girl's presence then it will be the duty of the police to make sure that girl attends the hearing in the court. So you need not worry about that.

Also as suggested by @sreenivas, you can also approach the Legal Services Authority. However, taking free legal aid is available only for the poor and not for all. As you mentioned that you are an engineer and working, so you might not be able to avail this facility. But still, if the authority provides you legal aid, then its good for you. Try it!!

//peace

/Saurabh..V

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register