LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rakesh (Clerk)     09 April 2012

Lost passport

I have lost my passport while travelling to different places (from my current city to home town, to my relatives) in India almost a year ago.I came to know when I required it couple of days ago. It was expired 2 years ago and I did not get it renewed. I need to have a new passport. Kindly guide me. Could you report this to police station of any of the city I visited? Any advices would be greatly appreciated.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     09 April 2012

Look you do not state all details as if you say that you may have lost it when traveling around one year back no police officer will take complaint.

in this case what you may do but before that approach any local advocate in your area and confirm following:

1) report it as you have lost somewhere in town you reside currently.

2) for that you may if local advocate thinks fit give an add in a newspaper that you have lost your original passport in certain area if any body finds you will pay some amount as help received.

it will be better if you can give an add as you have lost your passport in a certain area for that you have to execute an affidavit stating that you have lost your original pasport while you where going to certain area.

after giving an add after one week you may approach local police station and as per your affidavit and an add newspaper will issue FIR or an certificate that you have lost your passsport no. if possible provide xerox copy if available.

Regards 

Rakesh (Clerk)     09 April 2012

Thanks a million for your response to my post. I will do as you advised. Since the passport was expired 2 years ago, it may not be misused, is my assumption correct?

Just that the additional guidance may help me

Could I seeklocal advocate's  help from my home town. Passport was not issued from any of the places where I currently doing my job or my home town.

I wish  to submit application for reissue of the passport from my hometown so as police verification easier.

Thanks once again

Originally posted by :Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani
"
Look you do not state all details as if you say that you may have lost it when traveling around one year back no police officer will take complaint.

in this case what you may do but before that approach any local advocate in your area and confirm following:

1) report it as you have lost somewhere in town you reside currently.

2) for that you may if local advocate thinks fit give an add in a newspaper that you have lost your original passport in certain area if any body finds you will pay some amount as help received.

it will be better if you can give an add as you have lost your passport in a certain area for that you have to execute an affidavit stating that you have lost your original pasport while you where going to certain area.

after giving an add after one week you may approach local police station and as per your affidavit and an add newspaper will issue FIR or an certificate that you have lost your passsport no. if possible provide xerox copy if available.

Regards 
"

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register