LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr. Leo Rebello (President Litigants Welfare Forum)     15 October 2011

Litigants welfare forum

LITIGANTS WELFARE FORUM WHICH HAS JOINED THE LAWYERS CLUB OF INDIA TO BRING IN JUDICIAL REFORMS AND TO REMOVE JUDICIAL CORRUPTION, WHICH EVEN THE
MEDIA IS AFRAID TO ADDRESS, GIVES THE FOLLOWING SIX SUGGESTIONS FOR RESPONSE FROM THE LEARNED COMMUNITY HERE :-

(a) Nowhere in the world Judges appoint themselves. Therefore, how about Challenging the Collegiums decision of the SCI which has increased corruption
in the judiciary?  I have already written to the CJI and other authorities in that
regard. Who is ready to join me or support me to file a comprehensive Constitutional
Petition in the SCI before the present CJI?

(b) We have been fighting for establishing Supreme Court Benches in Bombay, Calcutta, Chennai and Bangalore since 1980. Several advocates, litigants, ex judges too have supported our demand. What is the opinion ofthousands of well-informed members here?

(c) Who is ready to help me to restore my Review/WP(C)  no. 219 of 2007 on the Grave Irregularities in the Presidential and Vice Presidential Elections, which was dismissed arbitrarily by CJI KG Balakrishnan, who is now the Chairmanof NHRC.

(d) File a WP in the SCI to enforce removal of KGBalakrishnan as Chair of NHRC, as  Corruption is the worst form of Human Rights Violation. My application for his removal made to the President of India can be a good peg to hang this PIL. Who is ready?

(e) There is a constitutional provision under article 124(3)(c) to appoint Jurists as Judges to the High Court and Supreme Court of India. This important provision has remained only on paper. I have written to the present CJI Sarosh Kapadia, with last reminder on Sept. 02, 2011.

(f) Finally, I do NOT agree with Anna Hazare Panel to make Judiciary part of Jan Lok Pal Bill. First the Jan Lok Pal bill NOT be passed and even if it is passed, it will be as useless as the RTI Act, which within 5 years is in coma. Only more bureaucracy, and no tangible results.

Dr. Leo Rebello
President, Litigants Welfare Forum
Bombay

Learning

1 Replies

hisifybird (retd)     15 October 2011

Every generation has contributed its mite for the progress of judiciary, and it has to go a long way to become like that of the west. Because of the failure of the judiciary only all the rot has come into our politics and poverty has increased. Judiciary is so strong, it can't be improved or corrected by any one from outside. So Anna Team is trying to bring new lok pal bill.

Even now, if great justices like the present CJI mind it, they can tremendously help to overhaul the judiciary. Only after he came on the scene, we began to see Ministers in Tihar. And lower courts also began to improve. If Anna had an additional legal qualification like Gandhiji, he would have really completed the unfinished work of Gandhiji, which so far no one could complete.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register