Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Student of LLB (FAA)     28 July 2011

Limitation on the number of additional courses

Dear Community Members,

I am a prospective student of LLB (3 year regular). I would like to know if there is any limitation imposed either by the respective state University to which the college is affiliated to and also by the Bar Council of India on the number of additional courses that a student of LLB can pursue.

Let me give the specifics. I am pursuing CA and CWA courses and at the same time, I would like to do LLB 3 year course from this year. I've already completed my articleship and from CA Institue's side, I've no problem. I am free to any number of additional courses.

I look forward to hear your thoughts/answers on this question.

Thank you,

Student of Law

Learning

4 Replies

Asha Pole (Legal)     28 July 2011

Yes....You can do *n* number of courses provided there is no restriction from the particular university...For instance University of Mumbai doesn't allow a student to enrol beyond 1 course of the same...Since the courses mentioned by you have a different recognised body, it will not create any hurdle for you in pursuing law...So you may go ahead and apply for the same

Thank you very much, Asha for your 'swift' reply. I will check with KSLU.

CA VK Dwivedi (Job)     28 July 2011

while pursuing LLB whether you can do other courses or not dont know but while doing CA articleshipr if you want to pursue anyonther course then you need to take permission from ICAI.

Thank you, Dvivedi Sir for your reply. Yes, you are right I can't pursue more than 1 additional course while doing articleship. I'm already done with my articleship. And, according to my information, ICAI does not bar it's students to pursue other additional courses after completion of articleship.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register