Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

B.Gopinath (Assistant Manager - Accounts)     26 June 2012

Legal heir certificate

Sir,

I am the only son amidst four sisters. Out of four sisters, one is not alive and passed away in 1989 due to renal failure after her marriage in Andhra Pradesh.

My father's settlement is due from the Office of the Official Liquidator. But my father passed away in 2007 and my mother passed away in 2009. Death Certificates of both of them are available.

I need to have Legal Heir Certificate to claim the settlement which I want to share equally with my sisters and all the three sisters alive are willing to sign the documents, if any required. We do not have contact with the family of the sister who passed away in 1989 and we do not have her Death Certificate. 

I had RATION CARD in my previous address which was not renewed since there was change of address. The Ration Card (issued earlier) includes the names of both my father and my mother.

I do have a Passport which do have the names of my father and mother when I was residing in a rented house which is different from my present address. For my present residential address proof, I have gas connection slip and Agreement entered into with the flat owner.

As the Legal Heir Certificate is needed immediately, I request Forum members to kindly advise me whether it would be advisable to approach the Taluk Office or Court for the Legal Heir Certificate where ration card was not renewed, passport is valid but having previous address and also the Voter's ID. I will also be grateful if any specific contact numbers be given for handling/guidance. I reside in Ashok Nagar, Chennai - 600 083.

Thanks.

Gopinath

Learning

4 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     26 June 2012

The application to be made at Taluk office for issue of legal-heirship certificate should contain death certificate in original obtained from the competent authority and court fee stamp of Re.2/- affixed on the application. Based on the report of the Village Administrative Officer and Revenue Inspector and after due enquiry, this certificate is issued by the Tahsildar mentioning the names of all legal heirs of the deceased.

Attached File : 48810773 cert-legalheir.pdf downloaded: 371 times

B.Gopinath (Assistant Manager - Accounts)     26 June 2012

To Advocate Sri.A.V.Vishal - Thanks for your kind guidance and attachment of the application form.

In the application form, the ration card number has been asked for. I have a Ration Card which was old and not renewed. The address as given in the Ration Card is different from my present address.

Will this create any issue while applying for Legal Heirship Certificate. For the current address, I have gas connection slip.

Will be grateful for your kind clarification.

Thanks.

A V Vishal (Advocate)     26 June 2012

For that contact the clerk at the tahsildar office who can suggest you a way out.

B.Gopinath (Assistant Manager - Accounts)     28 June 2012

Thank you, Sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register