LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prasanna (engineer)     15 January 2012

Legal heir

My grandfather died in July 2011. My mom is his only daughter. When my grandma died in 2008, my grand father got a legal heir certificate including my mom and grandfather as legal heirs of my grand mother.

1. Does my mother need another legal heir certificate as my grandmother' only daugther?

2. My mom lives in Madurai. My grandfather lived all his life in Dharmapuri. Should my mom apply for legal heir certificate in Madurai or in Dharmapuri?

Thanks in advance,

Prasanna 

Learning

2 Replies

laxminarayana (Advocate)     16 January 2012

1. Does my mother need another legal heir certificate as my grandmother' only daugther?

No

2. My mom lives in Madurai. My grandfather lived all his life in Dharmapuri. Should my mom apply for legal heir certificate in Madurai or in Dharmapuri?

Legal heirship certificate will be issued to the legal heirs by Tehsildar where the property situate.

1 Like

K. GOPALAKRISHNAN (ADVOCATE)     20 January 2012

Dear Prassana,

In case your grandfather no more, then your mother has to get a death certificate and legal heirship certificate of your grandfather.  In legal heirship certificate, it will be shown that you mother alone is the only legal heir of your grandfather.  Obviously, you will be holding two death certificates viz., your grand mother and grand father and two legal heirship certificates viz., legal heirship certificate of your grandmother and grandfather.   Finally,  In  legal heirship certificate of your grandmother, there will be two names, i.e., your grandfather and your mother.  In legal heirship Certificate of your grandfather, there will be only one name ie., your mother alone.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register