LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nikhil kumar sinha (legal associate)     12 January 2010

lease agreement

well my friend has rented a shop . He has a lease agreement made on a RS 200 stamp paper. The owner says that he wants to keep the original papers and has asked him to keep the xerox after gettin it sealed by notary . 

He is concerned that in case he doesnt have orginal papers , wat measure can he take to be on the safe side . 

Can he use the xerox of the lease agreement . 

Any help is welcome

Learning

24 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     12 January 2010

Your friend can take the signature of the owner on the xerox copy. And also, your friend can take a letter from the owner that he is having the original copy of the deed.

Well thanks Suchitra.s for ur suggestion bt i was hoping some professional advise ,

Anyways thanx again

Usually original lease deed will be with the tenants and xerox copy will be with the tenant. If your friend takes signature of the owner on every page of the xerox copy saying that it is a certified true copy, then, it will be as good as original copy, It will be considered that two copies of originals are made at the same time.

Sorry.. there is a mistake.. usually originals will be with the tenant and xerox copy will be with the owner...

mam 

can u b more sure of it ,

but here the owner insists on keeping the original papers , so obviously he doesnt want to turn his mood off 

Your friend can have the reciept for the money advanced to the owner if the owner insists to have originals with him.

Maharshi Laiwala (lawyer / advocate)     12 January 2010

u can do one thing.

y make two original copies and keep one with you.

shrikant chede (law officer)     12 January 2010

make two original copies and keep one with you.

well ya thats a gud one , but is it legal to have /make two orignal copies of the same agreement .

And is it k if he gets a seal from the notary on the xerox .

kindly reply

ya it is legal to make two copies.

y have to mention it in your deed

but the deed is already made , so thats y i m asking if its k to get seal on the xerox

then in that case y make second original deed and mention that original deed is with land owner and this deed is a second copy of original and is made for tenant's safe side

k i get that part 

but i still din get any answer regarding whether its k to get the xerox sealed by notary . 

i have been askin this question from past 7 times . and again . plz is there any thing which can be done to the xerox of deed to make it as strong proof as original.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register