Share More

siddhartha shankar mishra (Lawyer)     29 April 2010

lawyers carry no value

To
The president,
Dist Bar Association,
Sambalpur.

Sir,
With reference to your show cause notice dated 17.4.2010 , ref no -260(5) which I received on 21/04/2010 at 12.15 pm,I would like to show cause as follows :-

1. That I with great pain need to make my stand transparent on the incident occurred on 8/4/2010 at around 10.30 am with mr aswini kumar padhee my senior and with me.

2. That it a fact while Mr. Aswini kumar padhee while clearing the path leading to the library being encroached by a juice vendor was being involved in a heated argument and also being blatantly attacked by a huge mob of “ Highly Distinguished Lawyers”. He was bleeding from his nose.

3. That when I came to know about it , I along with Mr Padhee and his son Mr. Bhishnu Prasad padhee went to Mr. Pradeep Bohidar,i.e the ex-president of D.B.A. Sambalpur to enquire about the uproar.

4. That without paying a heed to us we were jostled by the angry group of lawyers leading by Mr. Suren Mohanty and Mr. Atanu Ghosh.

5. That I tried my best to protect Mr. Aswini Padhee and took him to the Advocate’s clerks room.

6. That suddenly I saw a huge mob of lawyers leading by Mr. Suren Mohanty and Mr. Atanu Ghosh approaching towards us, however it was pacified.

7. That after having a glass of water I came outside and was moving towards Mohapatra coffee shop. Suddenly I heard a voice calling me from behind. It was Mr. Pradeep Bohidar. We had some exchange of words. He turned back. Again while going towards the coffee shop I was chased like an animal as if a big price was put on over my head by a huge mob of lawyers leading by Mr. Suren Mohanty and Mr. Atanu Ghosh and Mr Mukesh using some abusive words. I was virtually dragged on the path by Mr. Suren Mohanty holding one of my legs and facing the kicks and blows of our learned and great advocates who were acted like a moral police. Their manners were abysmal. However I was saved by Mr. Sangram panda, Mr. Dash and few genuine lawyers. I really thanks them from the core of my heart.
8. Rather I would say it was their personal grudge on me for the reason best known. I have done my duty and obligation towards my Guru as a disciple. Hence no regrets. Decency, decorum, discipline has no value at all. It was a sheer mockery at our highly esteemed Bar association.. Such outrageous activities and moral turpitude must not be tolerated.

In the view of above , I would request your best self to be pleased to consider the above written statement as my defense in the disciplinary proceeding and allow me for an oral submission.

Conclusion :- More importantly ,it offers a lesson that those we humiliate are human beings. They deserve to be treated with dignity. Some of them , after all, may be exceptional. Some may even possess genius.

Where The Mind is Without Fear

WHERE the mind is without fear and the head is held high
Where knowledge is free
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments
By narrow domestic walls
Where words come out from the depth of truth
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way
Into the dreary desert sand of dead habit
Where the mind is led forward by thee
Into ever-widening thought and action
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.

Rabindranath Tagore Yours Faithfully,
Siddhartha shankar Mishra,
Thanking You Legal Practitioner,
Sambalpur,
Mob- +919937965779

Learning

5 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     29 April 2010

I codemn this disgusting incident ,specially this is not expected from the learned community. Any body may be guilty but the way adopted was really very disgusting.

Kanaksinh P.Boda (Educationist/Lawyer)     30 April 2010

If these are the keepers of law only God can save the law.

Sushil Kumar Bhatia (Advocate)     01 May 2010

In such incident a bad image against professional viewed by the litigants and lawyers in court campus very unfortunate and bad impact state bar council should take enquiry and prompt action be taken

Dharmesh Manjeshwar (Advocate/Lawyer)     03 May 2010

Sir ............ any reasons for putting up this here ??????????

siddhartha shankar mishra (Lawyer)     12 May 2010

yes Dharmesh ...i've to speak my mind. I think this the right forum.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register