Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Divya (nil)     09 February 2012

Lawyer fools by charging fees but not filing cases

Hello All

Can someone please guide me....A lawyer whom I know has charged fees for several cases from me but even after knowing that I am facing a financial crisis he persisted with the fee demands..

The problem is even after charging fees he has not filed those cases & its been this way since 8-9 months...what action can i take against such lawyer................(apart from a suit)...My mother had sold all her jewellery to arrange for his fees & he kept misguiding us for the status of all cases.

Thankyou

Learning

8 Replies

Shantilal Pandya ( Advocate)     09 February 2012

the  behaviour of your lawyer is  of  professional  misconduct  you  can  file  complaint   before the  barcouncil   concerned 

Sir...how can i mention the name & address of an advocate on a open forum.....

Just becuase u are an advocate does not mean that every other advocate will have same work ethics & values....World is full of people who do fraud on others....

You are not the judge to decide my case; whether its right or wrong....If needed i can take the complaint t a higher level with the relevant details....I have just asked for an open opinion from senior advocates or other people who can or who have been fooled.

that one case took one year to come on board & in meantike gave money for other cases...........but anyways i do not sufficient proof to prove his fraud.....But realized later after a year that advocates cannot be trusted...They have made law an extortion racket i guess (probably a few of them)

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     11 February 2012

it is true that there are some some advocates who even after taking full amount do not file cases, they are like cheaters and take full advantages of sufferings of the clents. I too is sufferer of this at the hand of a HC lawyer and had written to bar council but all all went in vain. and will shortly disc;lose his name add and contact details.

Mr FIGHT TO WIN do u mean to say that our law lawyers and courts are meant for extortion?

"JUSTICE IS YOUR RIGHT" u r right, but how one can get this right, thro' filing cases or thro' out of court way?

Democratic Indian (n/a)     11 February 2012

Many years ago I had similar experience when I was not familier with law and matters related thereof. A "respected" High Court lawyer referred to me by one of my friends, had taken money from me to file an anticipatory bail. Money was given to him in full with no dues on good faith. He told me that he has applied for anticipatory bail yesterday. When asked about application/ case number, he was not able to provide, instead said he has not noted it down but I should not worry any more about it, the matter has been filed and I should trust him. The very next day I went to High Court to get a certified copy of the same. I was told no such anticipatory bail application has been filed yesterday on your name or by that advocate. Came back and confronted him firmly by bringing the person who had referred to him. He apologised for his mistake(rather a lie) and returned full money back.

It is usually difficult to judge that advocate is money minded and greedy in the first instance. But an experienced person can sometimes understand. Therefore do your due deligence before selecting any advocate to reperesent you and pay him only for the work he is able to show results to you. It really pains to know that people have to sell their household jewellery to fight for justice in this country. It is not only jewellery, I have seen people being compelled to sell their house and property to fight for justice.

The system is so corrupt, rotten from top to bottom and loaded against you to defeat you, you must tread carefully. This article is speaking for itself about the system https://www.firstpost.com/india/real-lesson-from-gen-singhs-defeat-system-always-wins-210191.html

I too was refered by a known person who was bench clerk, later I came to know that he is a dalal kind forge person. Some time due dilligence fail while selecting best in crowd specially in unknown/unfamiliar place. Such type of incidents malign the image of high courts too. HCs must clean or throw away such elements.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     13 February 2012

mr divvya, you are right.

many of the advocates  do it.

i have several experiences.

you have full right to appear as- in person,  for your cases.

if you have documents of money receipt, then complain. otherwise it will be fruitless.

SUCH EXPERIENCES COMPEL ME TO APPEAR 'IN PERSON' FOR MY OWN CASES.

the main problem is, we are non familar with tecnicality of the system. also court staffs do not  support us always.

i know 'skj's way of writting and attitude. communication  with him is wastage  of time.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register