LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Farhat jahan (legal assistant)     25 January 2011

laws of geographical indications

Can anyone provides me notes or link where i can get matter on 'laws of geographical indication and plant varieties protection'. Please help me.

Learning

4 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     25 January 2011

Geographical Indication and plant protection come under Intellectual property rights. Search books on IPR and you will get sufficient material on them.

Chirag Bhatt (Lawyer Gujarat High Court)     30 January 2011

Intellectual Property Laws, Universal Law Publishing Co.

Swati .... (Legal )     04 February 2011

You can also also into https://ipindia.nic.in/girindia/ to know and analysis procedural aspects of GI.

Atul D Suryavanshi (Attorney -IPR- 09923552956)     11 May 2011

I would like to let you that, though GI and Plant Variety Protection (PVP) are the branches of IPR, both serves the different purpose. GI provides the protection of goods based on specific geoghraphical location (eg. Jalgaon Banana, Agra ka Petha). The main purpose of the GI Act to protect the economic interest of grassroot level produces/manufacturer. whereas the PVP is enacted with the intection to prtect the genetically modified / altered / chaned / improved palnts i.e. new variety of plant which might having the better productivity or special charectiristics. The essence of GI is the Terroterial importance whereas PVP is the genetical modification / improvement in the plant.

We are having couple of GI  registration project in progress. Let us know if we could be any helpful to you.

Regards,

Atul Suryavanshi

Attorney - IPR @ Justa Causa Legal Associates

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register