LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arun Krishnan (Student)     09 October 2009

Junior lawyers who steal money from other's bags

A lawyer with his briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns.-Don Corleone, in The Godfather

A junior lady lawyer misunderstood the words of Mario Puzo to be 'stealing from other's wallets'

A junior lady lawyer from HC of kerala today literally proved that she can really steal from others briefcases.One of my friend's money was stolen from her wallet today while she kept her bag in the ladies restroom in the High Court of kerala.

This is an insult on the noble profession of advocacy.

I think the the senior lawyers who pay peanuts for the 10 hour working juniors is one of the reasons that lead the  juniors who are eager to make a living out of their profession to steal other's money to make a living.

I know the names of several senior advocates in kerala HC who charge several lakhs for a sitting who makes the juniors work from 8am to 9pm at their office and pays less than 1500 a month.

Who should we really blame when a junior lawyer steals..?

Learning

16 Replies

(Guest)

Both. Senior not paying good remunaration. Junior not working for honestly. It is a test to the junior.

1 Like

You are absolutely right, Mr Sathya Prakash.

but a decent payment to a junior will in my opinion be the least remedy 

Thanks for a quick reply

Sachin Bhatia (Advocate)     09 October 2009

Yes a decent reward in any shape to junior will make lot of good.

1 Like

(Guest)

hi Mr.ARUN plz. don't mix the profession with the misdeed of any individual . a specific word has been provided in the dictionary (KLEPTOMANIA) FOR A PERSON who is in the habit of stealing.

1 Like

Shree. ( Advocate.)     09 October 2009

Dear Arun,

A senior who didn't get paid when he was a struggling junior, isn't very likely to keep his junior on a struggling?I think you agree?

1 Like

Mr.Shree,

Your finding is absolutely true

It is likely that a senior who in his early stages struggled a lot might keep his junior struggling.But by what reasons is it fair and by what means will it satisfy him?

By this post i don't mean to blame all the seniors but very few of them who really are blameworthy for making the juniors work for peanuts.

I just wanted to say that no junior advocate should compromise the dignity of the profession whatever pressure he is in.

charudureja (advocate)     09 October 2009

i agree bt the seniors are more to blame they dont want to part with money. they want tha that juniors should work bt dont want to pay them. a fresher is raw who wish to learn and earn.bt they r exploited which frustrates the m n compels them to become bad.

2 Like

Mr. Manish,

Thank you for introducing the word to me.

Kleptomania is the condition of not being able to resist the urge to collect or hoard things.People with this disorder are compelled to steal things, generally objects of little or no significant value, such as pens, paper clips, tape, traffic cones, signs, and small toys.Kleptomania was first officially recognized in the US as a mental disorder in the 1960s in the case of the state of California v. Douglas Jones.

Kleptomania is distinguished from shoplifting or ordinary theft, as shoplifters and thieves generally steal for monetary value, or associated gains and usually display intent or premeditation, while Kleptomaniacs are not necessarily contemplating the value of the items they steal or even the theft until they are compelled.

Information from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kleptomania

I was not trying to communicate that all lawyers are bad.Neither did i tell that the profession is bad nor was i disrespecting dictionary definitions of words.I was actually trying to communicate that advocates should keep the dignity of the profession and senior advocates should pay the juniors decently.

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     10 October 2009

don't forget that every senior was a junior and every junior will become senior.

2 Like

Munshi ji ( kachehri ka munshi )     10 October 2009

dekho saheb ji , hum munshi hai aap logan ke beech me hamara bolna uchit nahin hai, lekin hamko sarvesh babu ki baat sabse jada jam rahi hai.

vaise ek baat kah de saheb , bura na maniyega, yeh bat ke yehi dabay deo. yeh site ke gair vakil bhi dekh rahe hai, vakil ki baat vakilan ke bich me saltay lo, pura vakil biradari ka chhichhaledar mat karo.

3 Like

Arun Krishnan (Student)     10 October 2009

Mr.Adalti Parsad,

I'm sorry to tell you that I don't understand Hindi very well.I can read hindi but you have written it using english letters in a way i couldn't sort it out.I don't understand what you meant.I can read that you are trying to support sarvesh.What he told is absolutely right but I couldn't sort out the other part of your literature.

I think i have explained my view clearly in my earlier posts above.Kindly translate your words in English if you need any further explanations.Anyway thanks for eagerness in posting a reply.

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     10 October 2009

MUNSHI JI TUMHARA BHI JABAB NAHI,

BHAI MUCHE HO TO NATHU LAL JASI..................................................

(Guest)

Sarvesh ji,

Aap teek kaha.  MUCHE HO TO NATHU LAL JASI..................................................

Rajan Salvi (Lawyer)     21 October 2009

Please as possible try to remember that there are many non-advocates who visit this section. It would be nice if any matter derogatory to our proffession be kindly kept away from this forum. Let the discussions be informative. What impression will a non advocate carry with him if we ourselves do like this? There is also the question as to discussion taking place in the kerala high Court bar about who the lady was. Achcha nahi lagta.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register